Reinstalled control board.

King Paul

Hi all, I need some help. I had my board repaired (had to replace the power charge port). I reinstalled the board and now it won't turn on. I can charge it and connect to it with euc and kingsong app. When I press the power button it clicks like normal. Do I need to let the capacitors charge up? Do I need to unlock it in the app somehow. I left it charging up since it was only at 39%. And advice would be great.

4 hours ago, King Paul said:

Do I need to let the capacitors charge up?

No- the capacitors charge almost instantly, when you connected the battery to the control board. There is nothing more to do there.

Do I need to unlock it in the app somehow.

Perhaps. Follow the instructions in the Kingsong app. Your dealer should be able to explain it also.

I left it charging up since it was only at 39%.

39% is great. 100% should make no difference.

I presume your EUC is the 18S?

<edit: it's S18>

Edited by RagingGrandpa

It's probably locked by the app. Unlocking requires the serial number of the control board, which is on the sticker on the pedal but since you've replaced the control board the pedal sticker is wrong. And you do need to use the KS app and you do need to be connected to the internet—it phones home.

I hate to say it but you'll need to 1) open the wheel and find the sticker that's on the control board, or 2) get the serial number from whomever got you the new control board. Being a lazy person, I'd go with #2 first!

I've never heard of this, but I could imagine a dealer or service center has a master passcode for unlocking all wheels... not that they'd ever give it to you. If I was guessing, this would be the tech password for SoftTuner (bypass passcode and other locks)

Edited by Tawpie

16 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

It's probably locked by the app. Unlocking requires the serial number of the control board, which is on the sticker on the pedal but since you've replaced the control board the pedal sticker is wrong. And you do need to use the KS app and you do need to be connected to the internet—it phones home.

I hate to say it but you'll need to 1) open the wheel and find the sticker that's on the control board, or 2) get the serial number from whomever got you the new control board. Being a lazy person, I'd go with #2 first!

I've never heard of this, but I could imagine a dealer or service center has a master passcode for unlocking all wheels... not that they'd ever give it to you. If I was guessing, this would be the tech password for SoftTuner (bypass passcode and other locks)

No, I did not get a new board, I just replaced the power supply port. Its the same board. 

59 minutes ago, King Paul said:

No, I did not get a new board, I just replaced the power supply port. Its the same board.

If the wheel is unlocked, doesn't make 4 continuous beeps after power up, will connect to the KS app and will charge—but doesn't balance, the next step is the control board. It's a matter of trial and error, but there's not much beyond the control board.