Mten3 for sale in Southern CA

Hello.

I have a barely used Mten3 I'd like to sell. Asking $700 + shipping. Located near Palm Springs. 

Got it from ewheels, its the new black 480wh 52v one. Has has 12 miles / 20 km. Scratched the pedals up from dragging while turning fast when first arrived (they are pretty low, had to learn to  turn a little bit different when scooting pretty fast w low peddles)  and there are a couple little scuffs one the case from first couple attempts to dismount such a tiny wheel.  But in good overall condition. 

Will attach a couple pictures shortly.  Thank you

Thought it would be a great scooter alternative for when i don't feel like dealing with skateboard wheels and it takes up way less room in the car.

Reality is, just greatly prefer grabbing the skateboard for a short distance commuter. 

While it's a very nice wheel... It's just to small for me to use comfortably, and i find dismounting especially annoying.  Maybe I'd love it if it came with a trolley handle (like it should) and/or had pading where my ankles actually are instead of well below them... -.-

That's all probably my fault though ^.^ lol.  

These little mtens really are impressive little scooters. It deserves to be loved. 

You sure this aint an 84volt model? Pity you are selling. Its an odd one to mount, but once you get it figured out, its not bad. Just gotta bend the wheel mounted knee and mount off the front a bit. Best of luck...:thumbup:

• Upvote 1

Yes 84v! My bad.  Thank you.  Hopeing for good offer.  

It's dismounting that bothers me most, honestly.

If it had a little handle i could pull up or something when stepping off and then roll it around, i think i might really enjoy it a lot more. It is really fun to ride. 

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

You can get an aftermarket trolley handle for it… @Marty Backe had one, I don’t know where you get them though

I have one sitting here. I used it for a few minutes. I decided I'd be goofing off too much to use it, and it would break or get in the way. I think it wasnt expensive, less than $50 or so.

Yeah, dismounting is also not overly fun. Makes you learn to pendulum sooner. I found a rollNZ cover made it a tad more comfy, but its definitely not going to be comfortable in compare to larger wheels.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, kiitick said:

Oh man, I'm sorry you're not enjoying your mten3.  If I didn't already have one.  These are super fun wheels, and the black is gorgeous. @ShanesPlanet Any idea where you got the trolley?  I'd love to get one.

pretty sure it came from e-wheels. Hell, it could have been Ali as well. Its been so long, idr. Not much to it really.

It's nice little wheel.  Get your self one kiitick. ^.^

Only 12mi, barely used. 460wh 84 volt. 

Thought maybe 180 less than the 880 ewheels is asking to reserve a pre-order from the next shipping batch would-be a good start... let's negotiate. 

First decent offer takes it. I want to build an ebike conversion next... 

I ordered a kit on AliExpress, works pretty well but pedal action is not the same, they are stiffer to unfold and fold back.  I can see Shane's point about it getting in the way, I don't ride my mten enough for it to bother me.  Here's where you can buy the kit, price has increased a bit since I ordered:

US $57.99 | Gotway Mten3 original push rod trolley handle bar spare parts accessories Mten 3

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMiRzPA

Edited by PharmaCyclist
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, PharmaCyclist said:

I ordered a kit on AliExpress, works pretty well but pedal action is not the same, they are stiffer to unfold and fold back.  I can see Shane's point about it getting in the way, I don't ride my mten enough for it to bother me.  Here's where you can buy the kit, price has increased a bit since I ordered:

US $57.99 | Gotway Mten3 original push rod trolley handle bar spare parts accessories Mten 3

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMiRzPA

Iirc, you may need to loosen the bolt that attaches at the pedal to the trolley. I think I remember putting a teflon spacer in and slathering the bolt with loctite. This allow you to keep the single bolt a little looser so the pedals dont become harder to move. DO NOT use threadlocker near plastic, and be sure to NOT use permanent locker on the pedal bolts. Medium hold is more than fine. THe pedal 'bolts' arent a point of pressure, they merely keep that rod from falling out. When standing on the pedals, that rod aint coming out anyhow. After a season, youll WISH you could get that rod out. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

5 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Iirc, you may need to loosen the bolt that attaches at the pedal to the trolley. I think I remember putting a teflon spacer in and slathering the bolt with loctite. This allow you to keep the single bolt a little looser so the pedals dont become harder to move. DO NOT use threadlocker near plastic, and be sure to NOT use permanent locker on the pedal bolts. Medium hold is more than fine. THe pedal 'bolts' arent a point of pressure, they merely keep that rod from falling out. When standing on the pedals, that rod aint coming out anyhow. After a season, youll WISH you could get that rod out. :)

Okay good point I'll have to adjust it lol!  Think I just got lazy about it after I put it on.  I have the spacers but will loosen, lube, and loctite like you mention. 🙂

2 minutes ago, PharmaCyclist said:

Okay good point I'll have to adjust it lol!  Think I just got lazy about it after I put it on.  I have the spacers but will loosen, lube, and loctite like you mention. 🙂

I wouldn't bother with lube, unless you need it to insert the rod(twss). The rod doesnt spin, so the only point of friction is the pedal nubs. Excess grease will only attract dust and other abraisives.

• Like 1