Studded tire for Inmotion V12?

Tune

I'm looking for the same thing for my 16X, so I'm afraid I can't help much @Tune, but I'm interested in any potential answer!

Potentially: a knobby that fits and doesn't ride too horribly, into which you add studs yourself. Until the V12 HT tire becomes available, it's hard to find such knobby already.

My suggestion would to find a thick tire preferably off road tire and order some Igrip ss06 carbide studs and stud a tire yourself. Side note depends on the thickness of your tire from inner lining to the top of tread you may need to go tubeless unless you have more than 6 to 8 mm thickness of rubber.  I did this to my onewheel xr on a burris treaded tire and I know these studs are going through the whole tire. But I have 0 leaks. I'm getting close to 200 miles on my tire pavement ice, packed snow and studs are holding up great. Check out Igripstore.com  the shortest low profile stud they have is the SS06. The SS06R is a pointed stud and 1mm longer that the ss06.   I don't know how to post pics so I won't. But you can check it out on onewheel Minnesota on Facebook if needed under Mike Schlak 

2 hours ago, Bikemike2777 said:

My suggestion would to find a thick tire preferably off road tire and order some Igrip ss06 carbide studs and stud a tire yourself. Side note depends on the thickness of your tire from inner lining to the top of tread you may need to go tubeless unless you have more than 6 to 8 mm thickness of rubber.  I did this to my onewheel xr on a burris treaded tire and I know these studs are going through the whole tire. But I have 0 leaks. I'm getting close to 200 miles on my tire pavement ice, packed snow and studs are holding up great. Check out Igripstore.com  the shortest low profile stud they have is the SS06. The SS06R is a pointed stud and 1mm longer that the ss06.   I don't know how to post pics so I won't. But you can check it out on onewheel Minnesota on Facebook if needed under Mike Schlak 

Thanks! But it's the actual tire I'm having trouble finding =) Not sure what to search for and which brands are good.

My dad studded his CST C-1488 tire for winter.. He used drill to make holes in tire (Not through, doh)  I will doo the same for next winter. Can make any tire studded like this.

He used these studs:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003515679926.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.639738f5LaFIMb&algo_pvid=335f8040-1f45-442f-879d-77fe5ec97dae&algo_exp_id=335f8040-1f45-442f-879d-77fe5ec97dae-10&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000026135770156"}&pdp_pi=-1%3B1.99%3B-1%3BEUR+1.00%40salePrice%3BEUR%3Bsearch-mainSearch

Video how to:

Use simple empty screwdriver with no bits or small barrel bit.. To put the stud inside..

Edited by Funky