Spare Battery - 340wh / 360wh

OneWheel

Both batteries should be interchangeable between the P and E+.  They are both 55.5V 15S/2P batteries.  Only the individual cell capacity is different (although I cannot say the BMS is exactly the same yet).  On my Ninebot 320Whr battery they are using 2900mAH cells.  On the 360Whr battery, they are about 3240mAH cells (but I haven't yet opened the P pack to verify the exact cell capacity).  The 340Whr battery would use a cell in between.  

Once I open up my battery pack on my P, I'll know for sure if there is any difference at all in the BMS.  But I suspect it will be the same since the E+ & P are already using the same controller and the existing MOSFET ratings on the E+ BMS (75V 80A) are also plenty for the P.  

Buying 388wh battery from 1Rad Werkstat . Great price, was few hundred dollars cheaper than expected after shipping cost. Hopefully no importing working duties. I think he is using the LG MJ1 batteries or better. I will perform a charge doctor capacity test when spring arrives.

1 hour ago, One said:

@Cranium have you seen the warning on the video here?

I'm just wondering why Ninebot prints a warning if batteries are interchangeable.

The warning is that you should not use a lesser battery in a P.  It says nothing about using the P battery elsewhere.  The capacity is larger and as a result of this, the current capability would also likely be increased so maybe this is why they post the warning.  The max current that the controller board allows would be based on what the battery can deliver so using a lesser battery may cause BMS cutoffs and face plants.  I will be cutting open my P battery and looking at the specs of the cells this weekend to try to get a firm answer on this. 

I opened up my Ninebot One P battery pack and can say without a doubt, this pack can be used for other models. 

As I suspected, the cells used in the P are not only higher capacity than the E+ (3000mAH -vs- 2850mAH) but the max discharge rate is actually doubled (20A -vs- 10A)!

There is no warning on the sticker about using it elsewhere.

For pictures of the inside and more details:

Archived