Seat mod for V8F and broken trolly handle fix

Knight Rider

I'm trying to mod a seat for a V8F I'm thinking 

20211124-191038-1.jpg

but the handle is broken.

20211216-092352-1.jpg 20211216-092420-1.jpg

If the handle goes all the way down it won't come up, I have to open the EUC to get it out and adjust it. I tried91y44M6E4YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and

711DQAXiYQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

but they're both too wide and interfere with my legs getting on the pedals.

I had issues with the hose clamps making contact with the spin kill button.

20211123-052100-1.jpg

Anyone have any ideas to accomplish this?

Edited by Knight Rider
Getting full link for displaying images to clarify the situation.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After trying for a bit I have to conclude that it's just not feasible. There too many problems with the seat mod.

20211226-030305-1.jpg

1. With the slimmest seat I could find it gets in the way of the trolley handle

2. Even with 2 suspension brackets the seat is not high enough to replace the handle entirely which means walking with it will develop scoliosis. Someone told me 2 was a bad idea but I don't see why.

3.  Lateral stability is an issue with the way the handle is made on this model. It's too slim and I don't trust attaching suspension brackets on it even with leather materials and hose clamps with all the creaking noise it makes.

I thought of placing the seat directly on the handle but that would mean not being able to use the trolley handle at all. If anyone can prove me wrong on this I'll gladly listen.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have possibly found a solution. By swapping the 2 pieces of the trolley handle you can raise it up without it getting in the way of the bike seat. However the handle does get wobbly and a little loose. The screws will keep it there but I would advise caution with it.

20220113-040204-1.jpg

20220113-040314-1.jpg

I would suggest 3-D printing something over the top center handle or around it to attach the bike suspension to for lateral stability without making contact with the spin kill button. If anyone knows of a better way I'm open to suggestions.

• Like 1