[Sold] Inmotion V10F with dented hub, $500 @ Reston, VA

omuretsu

Selling my first wheel, an Inmotion V10F. Earlier this year I got a V12 and I haven't been riding the V10F since then except for a couple of brief test rides. Before then I rode it daily.

1094349693_V10FLeft.thumb.jpg.7eb2933d198ba28115b32b06ca6041f9.jpg 2047111128_V10FFront.thumb.jpg.989de6bf0eaf629de3ef8f529c390945.jpg417141911_V10FRight.thumb.jpg.bf254dd501754b7b7588cb766db67b9f.jpg831999888_V10FHubDent.thumb.jpg.50aafc0a78d4f7c70d78832a377eb9af.jpg

See attached images. Notably, there is a major dent on one side of the hub, from a curb hop at low tire pressure. I would recommend either replacing the hub motor or using some method to straighten out this dent. This is the main reason I've set the price so low. The other reason is I'm just trying to get this thing out of my garage.

I have had issues with the inner tube not holding pressure. I replaced the tube once before, but I believe it has had issues since then as well - it's possible I either damaged the new tube when replacing it, or the dented hub is causing an issue. It's been over a month since I last added air, and it's holding pressure now, but it also has not been ridden seriously since the last time I added air.

This has been stored in the garage, which is not heated but also doesn't reach extreme temperatures since it is attached to the house. The battery is at around 75%, just for the purposes of storing it. I've never had issues with the battery and it should have no problem charging to full, on request I can full charge and show voltage on the app. Just not looking to store it for super long with full battery since apparently that's bad for battery health.

I don't have the original box for shipping this out so I would strongly prefer a local pickup. There is a nearby connection to the DC metro silver line, I could bring the wheel over there if needed. Let me know if there's any other info I can provide, thanks!

Edited by omuretsu
  • Like 1

Adding some info I've been asked about in PMs.

1. I would be willing to ship, but you would have to supply all shipping material, since I don't have a suitable box/packing, and I'd only ship if I wasn't able to find a buyer locally since I'd like to avoid that whole hassle if possible. One of my PMs is from a potential buyer in DC, so that's probably a no on shipping.

2. Mileage is 4411km, or 2740mi.

3. It's been sitting in the garage for the past 4 months or so, with only a couple brief rides to make sure it still works.

Edited by omuretsu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm looking to enter the EUC world and I think your V10F may be a good option for me. I have more questions concerning your bent hub/inner tube. 

• Does the bent hub affect rideability in any way?
  • When do you notice the tire pressure dropping? 
    • Does it happen when you ride for a period of time?
  • How much do you estimate for cost to bring this wheel back to original condition? 

I'm from the Baltimore area and I am willing to pick up in DC.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NickFlair said:

How much do you estimate for cost to bring this wheel back to original condition? 

As @omuretsu mentions a new motor - you'd have to look where and if you can get one. At https://www.euco.us/collections/v10-parts/products/v10-motor it would be usd 290,- but not available right now...

For reports on repairing a bent/dented rim one can google for:

site:forum.electricunicycle.org dented rim

or

site:forum.electricunicycle.org bent rim

or whatever better search phrase one finds, of course.

12 hours ago, Chriull said:

As @omuretsu mentions a new motor - you'd have to look where and if you can get one. At https://www.euco.us/collections/v10-parts/products/v10-motor it would be usd 290,- but not available right now...

For reports on repairing a bent/dented rim one can google for:

site:forum.electricunicycle.org dented rim

or

site:forum.electricunicycle.org bent rim

or whatever better search phrase one finds, of course.

Thanks for pointing out the rim repair booleans. I was looking into all different kinds of Youtube videos to do that; looks like everyone has their own ways over fixing a rim but they all seem achievable. Hopefully I'll find a guide that specifically goes into tearing down the V10F to get to the wheel. I hope OP reaches out to me because I'm giving serious consideration to this deal. I wouldn't mind putting in some elbow grease on a new starter wheel. Cheers Chriull!

• Like 1

Nick,

The EUC does balance and ride. I don't know if the dented rim is part of the reason the tube is leaking (due to causing a pinch or something? I don't know). The motor still works normally so if you have a way of repairing the rim without replacing the entire hub motor, that sounds like the way to go. As far as a teardown video, this video is what I used (replacing the inner tube requires basically a full teardown)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9aotD8IlEw

The tube issue might also just be that I damaged the new tube when I replaced it. When I replaced the tube, I didn't have tire spoons handy, and some of the tools I used instead had some sharp edges (screwdriver - stupid idea, use tire spoons). I didn't buy a third tube or take out and inspect the second tube to troubleshoot the issue in depth, I just know I had to add air to it a few times due to low pressure so it seems to be leaking.

Let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

Just did another another test ride to the coffee shop (last test was about 2-3 weeks ago). Tire is still holding pressure (I also didn't have to add air last time) so maybe the air leak isn't as bad as I thought.

Battery is 64% and tiltback/warning beeps came in around 37kph/23mph which seems pretty normal to me (I'm about 145lbs, and it's not super cold out, 50F).

I do think the dent in the rim impacts the way the ride feels, like there's a slight inconsistency with the feel once every tire revolution.

• omuretsu changed the title to [Sold] Inmotion V10F with dented hub, $500 @ Reston, VA