Battery Problem?

DJMD

Hi, I’m DJ. New here. Have an issue going on looking for some input. 
I have a Fiebor Q06 5,600W, 60V, 36Ah, turbo and dual drive scooter. I purchased this because my old 800W Evercross H5 wouldn’t pull even a slope much less a hill. I live on the mountain and it’s full of hills. My scooter is dying on me and shutting down. Sometimes it will let me ride it in gear one, single drive without the turbo engaged. The moment I go from gear 1 to 2 or 3, or turn on Turbo mode of dual drive the scooter dies and shuts down on me. My voltage readout before this happens is right at 62V. Does this sound like a battery issue to you? I’m not sure what to think. After it dies on me I’m unable to turn anything on. But, the moment I plug in the chargers the dashboard comes right back on. The last time this happened I got it back on again, took the chargers off, laid it on it’s side, taped the throttle all the way down and let it run with both turbo and dual drive engaged. It ran indefinitely until I turned it off after about 15 minutes. Thinking it must have been a one time incident I took it out for another ride, started just in gear 1 but once again the moment I put it in gear 2 or 3 or hit either the turbo button or dual drive it died on me immediately. Unless my weight is causing the scooter to require more battery power I don’t understand why it will run on it’s side indoors and not turn off. Can batteries behave like this? Does this sound like a battery problem or perhaps some mechanical component malfunctioning? Any input would be appreciated. 

DJ 

14 hours ago, DJMD said:

After it dies on me I’m unable to turn anything on. But, the moment I plug in the chargers the dashboard comes right back on.

Don't know if it's the same with your e-scoooters B(attery)M(anagment)S(ystem) - back in the times with my ninebot one e+ euc the BMS had to be reset after an overcurrent condition by plugging the charger in.

14 hours ago, DJMD said:

Unless my weight is causing the scooter to require more battery power I don’t understand why it will run on it’s side indoors and not turn off.

Yes - weight plus incline uses much more power than an unburdened lying scooter. Like the energy you need to drive a bike on a flat road at low speed versus going up a steep hill ...

"Lifting weight" is a traditional way to use energy ;)

14 hours ago, DJMD said:

Can batteries behave like this? Does this sound like a battery problem or perhaps some mechanical component malfunctioning? Any input would be appreciated. 

As written above my guess would be some overcurrent shut off from the BMS.

But could maybe also be some overtemperature protection which kicked in and reset by chance about the time you plugged the charger in?

20 minutes ago, DJMD said:

It resets when I plug in the chargers. But my battery doesn’t charge to the 68 it’s supposed to. Only 63

Could be a dead cell group (~4.2V missing) or a (very) misadjusted charger.

Whichever is true - both discriminate available power.

But the first possibility could be a warranty issue and dangerous.