Where can I buy good 18650 batteries?

Tryptych

I need twelve 18650 batteries for a project - adding more lights to my EUC.

Can anyone recommend a decent site to get 18650 batteries, and maybe some tips on how I can tell crappy ones from good ones? It's a bit of a mine field out there from what I see. Browsing Amazon.ca I don't see any 18650s for sale, just ones that are included with flashlights. Looking at AliExpress I do see them, but how can I tell if they are complete garbage?

How much should I be paying for a decent 18650?

Can you recommend a brand/make/model and a website (hopefully one that delivers to Canada)?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Www.google.com - there’s literally sites like “18650store.com” or something like that. Tons of places sell them, just typically more specialized sites than you Amazon.

for 18650s, the Samsung 35E has been quite popular lately, and the 30q was the long time standard for diy esk8.

how do you tell if they’re garbage? Again, google a review. But you’re honestly best off sticking with well known cells purchased from a specialty store in the US or Can. Sometimes alibaba users resell used batteries, best to stay away.

https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/samsung-35e?utm_campaign=859501437&utm_source=g_m&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=201043132925&utm_term=_&adgroupid=43081474946&gclid=CjwKCAiAtouOBhA6EiwA2nLKH2_BHmnu_LKJjErXm7mfUjsBUbRS0c52koTA3zujWpKRERrnYIqJ9hoCOm8QAvD_BwE

the 35e has higher capacity than the 30q, but half the amperage.

you’d be better off using molicel p42a cells or Samsung 50e. They’re 2mm wider and 10mm longer, and are much better cells. They’re called 21700 cells. More power dense and a longer life time. 

they can all be found on 18650 store. And all this info could be found in 20 minutes of research 

you dont want want 30q's for a light. theyre meant to be discharged at high amps

dont know the configuration youre looking for but the mnke 26650 ive cycle tested,its a good cell for a low price in cad$, got it from 18650 canada.

that battery weighs the same as 2-18650 cells, delivers more than 5000mah at 3.0v discharge cut off and show self healing like tesla cell after sitting a little while

https://18650canada.com/collections/26650

ive bought the p42a from 18650 BatteryStore.com, canada post lost it and they shipped me another one, no questions asked.

40T, p42a? youre better off with a 50e

• Like 1