Musician EUC Riders

5Cauac

• 2 months later...

Nice bro! I've been fooling around a bit in the 'studio' lately. Unfortunately I'm remodelling too, so the kit is in cases. I went thru a phase of playing with rutes and being pretty mellow/stonerific. With persistence, I've now crossed into a phase that has even less initiative....  Thanks for the link!  Fwiw, I call foul. Your second snare isnt being hit, nor does it contain plant material and a glass piece. Misuse of equipment for sure.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Fwiw, I call foul. Your second snare isnt being hit, nor does it contain plant material and a glass piece. Misuse of equipment for sure.

Guilty as charged on the first count, the second is off camera. :eff02be2d7: :efefd0f676:

Here is a new one just recorded this past Saturday.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Getting to the Gig when the streets are closed for the "Street Fair" is no problem when you own an EUC. Just set up the night before and arrive the next day in style. 😎

• Like 2

That's exactly why I built this kit. I was gigging a lot with a band from Santa Cruz and needed something that sounded great, could set up quickly and be able to fit easily in my car. 3 drums, Hi-hat, snare, two stands. The rest are attachments. This kit which I named "Mighty Mouse" sounds amazing mic'ed up. I always get the "I can't believe the sound you are getting out of that tiny kit" remark. :D

P.S. Is that a Pork Pie Kit?

kit.png

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 1

Its a pearl sessions custom with Pearl rack/hardware and Zildjian A's. The pork is my spare snare. I have a tiny ebay kit here somewhere. Hard to fathom, but the crap kit records better and sounds bigger than the Pearl. Im assuming its a simple matter of less is more when it comes to reflections and mics. I don't gig and hell, I havent sat at my kit for a cpla weeks. Wierd thing about gigging is. You can't do much of it, if you simply don't like crowds. lol

Edited by ShanesPlanet

14 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Its a pearl sessions custom with Pearl rack/hardware and Zildjian A's.

It's a nice kit.  I sure miss the sound of the Zildjian A line.  I used to have all A's, Dry K ride with matching K hi-hats and a mix of A's and Z's for splashes. Had to sell the kit many years ago and regret every time I think about it.

Say, I didn't know you were a lefty. :o Just like Ian Paice. :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

It's a nice kit.  I sure miss the sound of the Zildjian A line.  I used to have all A's, Dry K ride with matching K hi-hats and a mix of A's and Z's for splashes. Had to sell the kit many years ago and regret every time I think about it.

Say, I didn't know you were a lefty. :o Just like Ian Paice. :D

Lefty, but nothing like Ian. He has talent, I simply have the drums. I've been a fan of A's forever. Im kind of a fan of playing with pitch and the A's seem nice and crisp. I am using a set o K dark hats tho. Those damn A's are so bright, the hats record like ass. I ended up with the pearl kit after falling in love with it decades ago. It only took this long to finally afford it and a place to put it.  Of course, Im gna have to case it all up soon, time to remodel and Im losing my studio. :(That damn 18" floor tom was alomst $1k special order from Japan. I do love me some BIG toms. Tympani was also a thing I enjoyed, but no way Im starting down the rabbit hole of owning a full set of band instruments.

I really dont play much tho. Im kind of a part time player. 30 yrs of drums, but Im about 3 months of talent. I have learned tho. Even if you dont play much, the moment you sell down to no drum kits, you'll be very sad.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I'm old, my ears are kinda shot... not sure I could ever practice seriously on an acoustic kit again. Don't love ear plugs and for some reason, I'm not interested in sharing my practice sessions with the neighbors either.

Studied folkloric afro cuban conga drumming for a long time, spent a comparable amount of time in the west african drumming scene with some folks from Guinea.

Seeing as we're all riding electric wheels, any electronic kit players?

I recently rented a Pearl E-Merge, meh... it's ok, but not really something I'd perform with. Seems I might be in for a 10k bill for a Roland kit, but I can't find one around here to demo...

38 minutes ago, UniMe said:

Seeing as we're all riding electric wheels, any electronic kit players?

I have an old Roland TD-9k with and extra cymbal pad. Bought it for practice. Used it once live and never used it live again.  It's been collecting dust in my shed.

You just can't produce the same nuances in sound as an acoustic. You can't convey emotion and the feel is just not the same. Even with the mesh drums and the new low volume cymbals. Great for practice though.

56 minutes ago, UniMe said:

Studied folkloric afro cuban conga drumming for a long time, spent a comparable amount of time in the west african drumming scene with some folks from Guinea

That's sweet! Drum circles are so much fun and hypnotic.

1 hour ago, 5Cauac said:

I have an old Roland TD-9k with and extra cymbal pad.

no no, not one of those junk beginner kits lol

10k version, TD50KVS type thing. It seems like these are the best current evolution of electronic drums. If they can't get a person there, nothing on the market probably can...

And NO NO NO -- not drum circles lol!!! Ever! Folkloric afro cuban drumming is structured and intellectual, a craft to be treated with the respect of a hundred generations that led to the current rhythms, culture and performances. West African drumming is fast, physically demanding, and also quite structured. Every drummer has a part to play, djeme's are like spots in an orchestra i.e. 1st position, 2nd position, lead. Duns all play interlocking polyrhythms. 

No drum circles for this cat! I'm a 'left coaster' who believes Hippy is simply an abbreviation for Hypocrite. petty little pricks who come to our region from all over the place, disrupting the local scene with their BS, head bobbing, tone dead noise!! (ya, I got issues :) )

12 minutes ago, UniMe said:

no no, not one of those junk beginner kits lol

Yep which is why it's collecting dust in the shed. :P

15 minutes ago, UniMe said:

And NO NO NO -- not drum circles lol!!! Ever! Folkloric afro cuban drumming is structured and intellectual, a craft to be treated with the respect of a hundred generations that led to the current rhythms, culture and performances.

Wow! Very cool. Must take a tremendous amount of dedication and focus. I can see how one would need to have respect for the traditions and can understand the unwelcoming of a "Hippy" coming in and F*cking up the program.🤣   

• 1 month later...