V8F Motor/Axle broken; options from here?

limenuke

Hello. My V8F axle snapped randomly (I didn't do anything big prior to the snap, I guess something I did before fatigued the axle and eventually lead to a failure). This was honestly a horrible and horrifying experience. The wheel exhibited signs of what people commonly associate with hall effect sensor failure or motherboard coming loose - it was violently trying to spin back and forth very quickly, vibrating extremely quickly. 

I've been hunting for a new motor, but the number of aliexpress and online listings for V8F has dropped. Ewheels has confirmed that the stock is low and everything is on backorder.

I *do* see V10F motors for cheaper and available online. Can I retrofit a V10F motor into a V8F? They're same wheel diameter, but the width of the mounts may not be compatible with the V8F's. I'm also unsure about the connectors.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your incident with the V8F! It is a relatively new model. Is yours under warranty?

The motors on EUCs are generally never interchangeable with other models. Being self-balancing vehicles with the rider’s ass literally on the line, the communication between the motor and the controller must be exactly what they both expect.

Btw, were you riding when the axle snapped? I hope you had understood the clear warning signs and weren’t.