V11 Shock Help Needed

Hak Salazar

Hello all, 

Forgive me if this has been asked in the past, I have searched but didnt find what i was looking for. I am a newer rider on my first wheel so im not an expert yet on maintenance and repairs. I have one of the lower shock reservoirs that seemingly bleeds into the upper. I can fill the bottom and put the gauge at the top and watch the pressure climb. Is there any way to repair this issue or am I looking at replacements? I am unsure of the construction of the shocks so I don't even know how this would happen, bad o-rings? If I am looking at replacements are they proprietary or are their aftermarket options Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you

You need to replace the unit, but I would reach out to whomever you purchased it from as that seems to be a factory default. In the past I have inquired about the specs of the shocks in hopes of finding an upgraded product, but IM came back and stated that the V11 has a proprietary design for its shocks. True, I don't know, but never looked any further.

9 hours ago, gon2fast said:

You need to replace the unit, but I would reach out to whomever you purchased it from as that seems to be a factory default. In the past I have inquired about the specs of the shocks in hopes of finding an upgraded product, but IM came back and stated that the V11 has a proprietary design for its shocks. True, I don't know, but never looked any further.

Thank you for the information. I purchased second hand so unfortunately I won't have any warranty coverage or anything. Replacements it is. 

• Like 1