S18 dead

Troll King

Hieveryone everyone I have an s 18 that I was riding up at Duthie Hill and I landed on top of a tabletop jump because I didn't clear the jump. When I landed the wheel shut off and I face planted, luckily I had full gear on.Afterwards I powered up the wheel and it would repeatedly beep 4 times and the motor had tension but would not activate. I replaced the control board only to have the exact same issue. I've attempted to update the firmware in euc world and it says it completed then shuts off. Once I restart it I get the exact same for beeps.If I restarted in the King song app it connects successfully but then when I tap anything on the screen it tells me a message continue to upgrade. When I select continue to upgrade it tells me current version is latest version which is v I know this is not the latest version and there is a more currentI know this is not the latest version and there is a more current version and the EU SeaWorld app says it did update. I've checked all the battery voltage and it all is good. Does anyone have knowledge of this as I can't find any information anywhere 

5 hours ago, Troll King said:

Hieveryone everyone I have an s 18 that I was riding up at Duthie Hill and I landed on top of a tabletop jump because I didn't clear the jump. When I landed the wheel shut off and I face planted, luckily I had full gear on.Afterwards I powered up the wheel and it would repeatedly beep 4 times and the motor had tension but would not activate. I replaced the control board only to have the exact same issue. I've attempted to update the firmware in euc world and it says it completed then shuts off. Once I restart it I get the exact same for beeps.If I restarted in the King song app it connects successfully but then when I tap anything on the screen it tells me a message continue to upgrade. When I select continue to upgrade it tells me current version is latest version which is v I know this is not the latest version and there is a more currentI know this is not the latest version and there is a more current version and the EU SeaWorld app says it did update. I've checked all the battery voltage and it all is good. Does anyone have knowledge of this as I can't find any information anywhere 

As I advised in the other thread it's a failure of the board to detect hall effect sensors and so it is not booting properly. Check the white connector between the motherboard and the motor and then check along the length of the motor cable into the motor - it's likely that either the hall effect sensors have become disconnected due to damage to the wires into the motor or potentially they've failed inside the motor (either electrically or physically dislodged).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brendan "nog3" Halliday said:

As I advised in the other thread it's a failure of the board to detect hall effect sensors and so it is not booting properly. Check the white connector between the motherboard and the motor and then check along the length of the motor cable into the motor - it's likely that either the hall effect sensors have become disconnected due to damage to the wires into the motor or potentially they've failed inside the motor (either electrically or physically dislodged).

Yeah, i had the same issue when i disassembled my wheel for my suspension overhaul and tire change. The hall sensor cable is very short (tight) and the stupid silicone needs to be cleaned properly in order for the cable to reach properly. I had the 4-beeps after assembly and had to redo the connection. I put silicone back after re-assembly to make sure the connector does not come undone.

i also had the firmware ”glitch” where it said I was on version 1.0 after reassembly. Updating the firmware took care of the issue.

9 hours ago, FinRider said:

Yeah, i had the same issue when i disassembled my wheel for my suspension overhaul and tire change. The hall sensor cable is very short (tight) and the stupid silicone needs to be cleaned properly in order for the cable to reach properly. I had the 4-beeps after assembly and had to redo the connection. I put silicone back after re-assembly to make sure the connector does not come undone.

i also had the firmware ”glitch” where it said I was on version 1.0 after reassembly. Updating the firmware took care of the issue.

I already checked my connector the white connector and it is good so the only place I think it could be is somewhere in the harness between there and the motor so I guess I will have to pull the wheel the rest of the way apart to check that harness thanks