Veteran Sherman Voltage Calibration

Shad0z

So with this new firmware updater app we've got, I updated my sherman to the latest version. And in the latest version we have an option to calibrate the voltage, which is basically just an option to offset which voltage the board thinks the batteries are at, changing when tiltback and all that kicks in. So, like Marty said, I charged my sherman to full battery, and used the voltage calibration to offset it up to 100.5V (should be 100.8V) but calibration only went as far as +1.5V

Question is, can I be sure that's safe? Is the voltage really at around 100.8V when the sherman is fully charged? Last thing I'd want is to end up with cutouts and running the batteries too low

Seems to me you need measurement you are sure of (like a seriously calibrated multimeter) so you can adjust the EUC to display the correct voltage (whatever that may be).

If it’s just in order to look good I don’t see much point and the less true is generally a bad thing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, div said:

Seems to me you need measurement you are sure of (like a seriously calibrated multimeter) so you can adjust the EUC to display the correct voltage (whatever that may be).

If it’s just in order to look good I don’t see much point and the less true is generally a bad thing.

Well the idea is you calibrate it so you don't prematurely run out of battery

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Well the idea is you calibrate it so you don't prematurely run out of battery

Yes, if you have a solid reference. The issue is that most people don’t: multimeters can be off if you don’t know specifically that it is correct (seriously calibrated)..

What I’m trying to get at is that calibration is good, but you need to know the reference is correct.

• Like 1