EUC World Tours default to wrong city name

Has anyone experienced EUC World naming a tour with the wrong city? Even though the GPS location is accurate, the default name given to the tours is of a city/municipality that is a few cities/municipalities away.

I noticed that EUC World uses OpenMap but when I went to check my location on OpenMap, it gave the right city so I'm not sure what's going on here. If you've experienced this, were you able to fix it at all? Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 8:40 AM, TotoroDan said:

Has anyone experienced EUC World naming a tour with the wrong city? Even though the GPS location is accurate, the default name given to the tours is of a city/municipality that is a few cities/municipalities away.

I noticed that EUC World uses OpenMap but when I went to check my location on OpenMap, it gave the right city so I'm not sure what's going on here. If you've experienced this, were you able to fix it at all? Thanks!

It may happen from time to time, especially for some locations. It's a limitation of Nominatim reverse geocoding that EUC World uses. I've tried tuning it, but when I resolved problem for some location, it appeared at other locations. This is because every country uses own administrative system; for example counties are specific only to certain countries, same applies to voivodships etc. 

To overcome this problem you can always assign a custom tour name that will replace default one.