Best pads for sherman

Azazel

Looked around for a little and didnt see anything too current so sorry if this is beating a dead horse. I finally took off the stock pads and put on the v1 clark pads ive had lying around forever. What a difference! Has me wanting to experiment with some other pads. Wondering what you guys have been messing with. Id like to be able to ride seated comfortably. I can manage with the clark pads (not a big deal) but if theres a better alternative id give it a try. Ive also got them set high enough that i can close the pedals. Thats very important to me. Im not really looking to do much jumping but the access to the torque for accelerating/braking is a real game changer. There seems to be 3 different sizes to the sai pads. I wonder what experiences you guys have had with those 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Azazel said:

There seems to be 3 different sizes to the sai pads. I wonder what experiences you guys have had with those 

I've got Sai Pads on my Sherman.  I went for the Play Master model and it's (for me) the perfect size for the Sherman.  Felt the Governor was more suited to bigger wheels like the Monster Pro.  Don't ever plan to jumping the Sherman so I opted for the Sai Pad models without the heel stay. 

I'm also looking into Torque Pads currently.  Keen to give them a go too in the near future. 

pedals2.jpg

Edited by Kamikaze_K
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 4:03 PM, Azazel said:

Looked around for a little and didnt see anything too current so sorry if this is beating a dead horse. I finally took off the stock pads and put on the v1 clark pads ive had lying around forever. What a difference! Has me wanting to experiment with some other pads. Wondering what you guys have been messing with. Id like to be able to ride seated comfortably. I can manage with the clark pads (not a big deal) but if theres a better alternative id give it a try. Ive also got them set high enough that i can close the pedals. Thats very important to me. Im not really looking to do much jumping but the access to the torque for accelerating/braking is a real game changer. There seems to be 3 different sizes to the sai pads. I wonder what experiences you guys have had with those 

ShanesPads V2 of course! HIgh mounting, NOT locked in feeling. Quality materials, velcro, epdm and alcohol pads included. Designed by a rider, for riders. Manufactured in USA at over 10hrs per set. Trust me, they cost more in materials than you would imagine.  I'm not a seated rider, its almost impossible for my height, even w/o pads. I cant vouch for if they are seat rideable or not. I'd imagine with knees outside of the pads, it would be no big deal.

updated.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

NUMBER 1 CHOICE for Me:      Russian Leather Torque Pads.  (Got mine from NYCERIDER)

180505579_10224126867454721_3785819454627681874_n.jpg.795c0afac6a0ef92502eda7885549516.jpg

The Russian Leather Torque Pads pair perfectly with the Sherman. Like with any other power pad, they require trial and error to set correctly according to your stance, foot positioning. Here are the Pros and Cons of this specific pad:

PROS:

*Cushiony!!

*Durable stitching

*Minimal friction while pivoting front and back when wearing pants .

*Easy to sit and stand with them on.

*Allows your leg to be hugged by the cushion allowing greater contact with the wheel when pressing hard against it.

CONS:

*Riding with shorts on, in heat make the skin of the leg sticky against the leather cushion, very hard to pivot (get stuck to the cushion)

*Too much cushion in between the pad, make legs wider  (easy to get accustomed to though)

*The soft texture of the acceleration and braking points of the pads have some play in them. You might feel some slippage while accelerating using knee /shin guards. (High advise hugging the wheel hard to feel the acceleration point with knee/shin guards.

NUMBER 2 CHOICE: Clark Pads Gen 2 - Clarkpads.com

200758744_10224507156201702_5527176760812105289_n.thumb.jpg.9fa7e3c19b828158e8ab2a28ad445dc8.jpg

The Clark Gen 2 Pads pair perfectly with the Sherman as well. It has a thinner profile against the shell of the wheel,  allowing the legs to have greater contact with it.

The Pads are durable, includes a sticky adhesion ,and the pad allows for a tight fit on your heel and feet (the clark pedals allows for a closer fit!). The acceleration and braking components of the pad are firm and allow greater torque and braking on demand. Even if you dont do jumps, curb hobs, stairs ect,  this is still a good pad to use just for increased acceleration/braking alone.

Pros:

*Durable!

*Locked in feeling!!

*Good sense of contact and security against your wheel (even with knee/shin guards on)

*Helps to stay on pedals (more so if you have spiked pedals)

*Allows jumping with ease.

*Acceleration/Braking part of the pad are firm and spaced out just right for increased user performance.

Cons:

*Not made for easy seated riding. The nobs on the pad restrict your heel and feet if pad is positioned for the tight fit. If Pad is a bit higher ,it becomes  easier to sit.

*Positioning of the pad takes some trial and error more so than any other pad (based on experience). Dependent on desired foot positioning and pedal closure.

In Summary, I choose the Russian leather pads as my first choice as it is a good overall pad that does not require tons of trial and error to set correctly, and pairs well for seated riding, and most of all it is very comfortable against the legs!

The clark pads are my second choice because the contact points for the heal and front of the foot make seated riding a bit difficult for me. It takes some effort to find the right placement. Highly recommend strapping some double sided velcro for these babies. 

At the end of the day, Russian Pads are my go to pads.

Edited by WILSON-YT
  • Like 2