Helmets and prescription eyeglasses

This beauty is arriving tomorrow. However, I kinda overlooked the eyeglasses situation:facepalm:

Can anyone suggest good goggles with awesome visibility that fit over glasses? The ones that fit ideally into this helmet don't fit over my glasses sadly 🤓

Screenshot_20210627-205703_Chrome-01.jpeg

• Like 1

can you not just wear glasses? Why the need for goggles? I have been wearing shades only in lids, for decades. Typically at speeds under 50mph, glasses do me fine. I dont foresee getting roosted by a fellow racer or riding along semi's in the rain, so.... am I missing something here? An euc doesnt have a front tire to kick up rocks at you either :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

can you not just wear glasses? Why the need for goggles? I have been wearing shades only in lids, for decades. Typically at speeds under 50mph, glasses do me fine. I dont foresee getting roosted by a fellow racer or riding along semi's in the rain, so.... am I missing something here? An euc doesnt have a front tire to kick up rocks at you either :)

I wouldn't mind the extra wind and bug protection honestly. You've never had any issues with tearing up from the wind?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, celi said:

I wouldn't mind the extra wind and bug protection honestly. You've never had any issues with tearing up from the wind?

Nah, not at euc speeds with my cheapo gas station sunglasses. When I forget to wear them, I tend to, at speeds above 15-20mph or so. Out here its the bug showers that REALLY get ya. Feels like rain but its bugs. A motoX style goggle should work for you. They just need fit the helmet, NOT your face so much.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Instead of googles over glasses, I'd want a helmet with a clear visor.

Thats definitely easier than putting on a helmet, THEN putting on glasses, THEN pulling goggles back into place. My full visor and sunglasses are a good combo at motorcycle speeds. Tinted visor is nice, but you can remove sunglasses easier than swap visors for night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Instead of googles over glasses, I'd want a helmet with a clear visor.

Exactly! I wanted that initially, but somehow ended up getting one without, assuming that the goggles would fit over my glasses no problem. I could return the helmet, but I've waited long enough lol I'm sure I'll find some goggles that work

1 hour ago, santtis said:

I recommend 100% Accuri OTG goggles.

I have pretty big glasses and they fit perfectly fine over them.

They have really good selection of different kind of lenses (color, clears, mirrored)

Awesome thank you! What helmet do you have and how well do they fit over it?

57 minutes ago, celi said:

Awesome thank you! What helmet do you have and how well do they fit over it?

https://www.oneal.com/fury-rl-solid-matte-black/

It's a downhill bike helmet. The goggles and helmet feel like they have been made for each other. 

There is a lot of soft padding on the goggles so they don't feel like they're pressing against the arm of the spectacles/temple. 

If your lucky there might even be a store near you to try them on.

6 hours ago, santtis said:

https://www.oneal.com/fury-rl-solid-matte-black/

It's a downhill bike helmet. The goggles and helmet feel like they have been made for each other. 

There is a lot of soft padding on the goggles so they don't feel like they're pressing against the arm of the spectacles/temple. 

If your lucky there might even be a store near you to try them on.

This was fantastically helpful thank you! Ordered the 100%:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

So it turns out my head is a long oval shape and doesn't fit most helmets. After riding with my POC I got a headache. I've started my search high and low for a helmet that fits, but it's been tough so far. The local selection is pretty slim. Please tell me there is someone out there who experienced a similar issue:crying:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, celi said:

So it turns out my head is a long oval shape and doesn't fit most helmets. After riding with my POC I got a headache. I've started my search high and low for a helmet that fits, but it's been tough so far. The local selection is pretty slim. Please tell me there is someone out there who experienced a similar issue:crying:

I have a tall egg head. I found Shoei to be the fit in motorcycle, but its not handy for using on an euc. My Bell Super DH has enough adjustments that my egg fits in it. Not a perfect fit, but doable. Sorry to hear about the lack of fitment. Skinny people and egg heads arent the majority in USA. Most times helmets dont fit perfectly snug on an egg, but you should be able to get close enough it will stay on at least.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1