EX Sound

Does anyone have any insight regarding the source of this sound?

The scraping sound occurs each revolution of the wheel.  This sound has been gradually getting louder and is worse when pressing a right turn.  Sounds like the valve stem scraping the shell.  However, there appears to be adequate gap for movement of the valve stem.

17 hours ago, EMA said:

knock sound, it's a bearing misaligned. you probably have a defective side cover.

In my case, I don't hear an intermittent knock.

If the bearing shifts 0.25 inches (6 mm) the valve stem could conceivably contact the shell each revolution of the wheel.  Is this what you are suggesting?

Edited by n2eus

did you remove the cap of the valve ?

some inner tube valve are curved in a way they can hit the shell in some case like yours, i'm riding wo cap from the first day :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EMA said:

did you remove the cap of the valve ?

some inner tube valve are curved in a way they can hit the shell in some case like yours, i'm riding wo cap from the first day :thumbup:

Yes, with cap removed the noise continues.  Also, with gorilla tape holding the stem below the face of the motor cover, the noise continues.  Yesterday I put toothpaste on the cap and rode in a circle while hearing the noise.  Then I verified the untouched toothpaste was still on the cap.  It appears something in the motor makes contact each revolution of the wheel.

Edited by n2eus