Veteran Charger - Fans not spinning

botvinik

Hi,

my veteran arrived today and I need some help! When I plug in the charger, the charger fans do not spin. Also the charger smells funny - that is the reason I started to investigate the fans. Is it possible that the fans work only when the battery is drained below some limit? Mine was 95.5V when it arrived, I disconnected when at 99.9 after I noticed the smell. Fans did not work the whole time. I bought mine at e-rides, would be hassle having to send the charger from the Czechia to UK...

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

I have also noticed that there is no red/green light when I plug in the charger. Damn, I am so afraid that the voltage is screwed as well and some damage could have been done to the BMS/control board. Thanks in advance for your input.

If there is no fans and no light it is probably dead :/
If you have a multimeter you can test if it outputs about 100.8V, but in any case if shouldn't be used without the fan working.

If e-rides won't send you a new one there are many replacements nowadays.

Edited by null

The voltage without load is 101.4V, so the issue seems to be just in the charger fans+light. E-rides asked me to send them the video + the video using other 100V charger (had to go to the local shop and beg them to use one :P). I am waiting for the response now.

Just to let you know guys, e-rides told me to buy a new charger in my country and provided a partial refund to compensate for the cost of the charger. The new charger seems to work fine, got the veteran to 100.2V.

• Like 1