New V11 - Vehicle has limited functions and needs to be upgraded...

Vatherian

Hi All,

I've just received a V11 (my first EUC) but am unable to begin using it.

It appears to be stuck in transport lock/have functions disabled.

When plugged in I'm able to connect via the InMotion app, but get a warning that a firmware update was interrupted.

Hitting confirm on this takes me to a screen saying the latest firmware has been installed, next screen says the latest firmware (1.2.1) is installed. I understand this is not the most up to date firmware.

At the bottom of the page there is an upgrade button, but clicking on that produced a 'network' error. This is consistent on both WiFi and 4G.

On the app's home page there is a yellow warning triangle top left of the screen. which runs a rapid diagnostic - all items get a green tick - but then a popup says the vehicle has limited functions and must be upgraded before it can be used normally.

The app allows me to turn the light on and off, beep the horn etc. but the wheel doesn't work.

I've had a call with the retailer who's doing their best to help - they're going to contact inmotion direct as we were unable to resolve the problem together over the phone.

I'm on iOS, Darkness bot is also able to connect but no real difference in behaviour.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Inmotion's app with no change in behaviour.

I've also repeatedly enabled/disabled the transport lock via the app, with no difference.

Is there any way that people on this forum know how to progress any further? Is it possible to do a factory reset and try again?

My first wheel, so perhaps something elementary. I looked at the stickied firmware upgrade problem post, but couldn't see anything there which assists, except for the possibility that the Inmotion servers are down/unreachable?

• Like 1

Upgrade servers are often problematic, especially for KS but sometimes for Inmotion as well. I’d try to continue the fw upgrade with DarknessBot, or if you can get your hands on an Android phone, with the EUC World which hosts the fw files on their own server.

Or just keep trying to upgrade with the Inmotion app. Not a very elegant solution, but may be the only way if the servers are the issue.

• Like 2