KingSong KS 14D cut off and motherboard

Gopal

hello friends, i am new to this forum (and the sport) and i am happy it existes. i am desperately in need of some info. my KingSong ks14D cut off out of the blue while riding at 10 kmh with 95 percent charge on flat dirt road. one broken finger later i am still in love with eucs but i just can't figure out what happened. Now it just refuses to power up, i opened it, but there is no disconnected wires ??? so in addition to some insight as to what happened i also need to know where in could buy a new motherboard (if it needs to be changed). i live in india so preferably if it could come from somewhere in asia. with gratitude for any help while i nurse my finger. Gopal

• Like 2

Bruises & broken finger still can't dampen your enthusiasm! That's the spirit!!! 👍Back to topic, if I'm not wrong I think your 14d might have a fuse & it blew for whatever reason. Since its apart, look for a fuse. Again if I'm not wrong, it uses an auto type fuse which are easily available but make sure you use the same amp rating.

If its not the fuse, I'm sure others more knowledgeable will chime to give you hand so you can get back on it. 

• Like 1

The older 14D models used a fuse like @Scottie888says, the newer ones came with a spare fuse they did not use as it was eliminated from the circuit--fuses eventually blow causing cutout, so they turned out to not be a good idea.

If you're running a single battery pack make sure it is still putting out voltage, and consider upgrading to dual packs for redundancy which will make your wheel much safer. If you are running dual packs check both.

There is a fault wire coming from the battery packs that can shut down both packs in the event of failure, detailed in other threads.

Check the main board for burned parts, any damage should be somewhat obvious.

The wheel itself is very reliable, the only major concern I'm aware of is the small battery pack aging and not supporting the rider (other than early models having a fuse). 

• Like 1

Thanks Scottie, for your prompt reply. On my wheel the fuse is outside, not on the motherboard and unfortunately it’s not burnt. I had hoped it was just that but...:cry2: Hi WI, I have two batteries, the fuse looks good and I don’t see anything that looks burnt or disconnected, everything looks just fine 😩, but as you suggested I will test the wires and get back to you on that. Still, just in case, any one knows where I can buy a motherboard in China or Asia (I wrote to KingSong but they just don’t reply)? Once again much gratitude to you for taking the time to reply to a bum with just one wheel 🙏🏼

• Like 1

Many here use AliExpress for parts, others use EUC/EScooter dealers. 

You will most likely want to check battery voltage with a meter while checking the fault lead (the third wire in the 3-wire plug) on each battery. 

If you can see that proper power goes to the main board, the fault condition is not triggered, and the board looks good, then check to make sure the power switch works properly; sometimes simple things can create large problems. The switch usually does not fail but it is easy to check. 

Maybe it is an easy problem to solve, I hope for you that is the case. 

• Like 1

Ok WI, ill check and get back to you. By the way when registering on the forum it asked for name of EUC so i put the one i have ordered (inmotion V11) but i am still waiting for it, eager to see which comes first : v11 or healed finger ;)

So, I tried all you said Wi, but no luck, wires look good, start button works fine, nothing looks burnt, motor works, batteries are fine, it can only be the motherboard (still can’t find a link to a seller of one of those), so I’m running out of options, plus I bought my 14 d second hand and I just learned that an other Indian had the same experience with the same fellow who sold me this obviously tinkered second hand wheel,:angry: . Broken finger, lose of money but it’s going to take a lot more then that to make me lose my enthusiasm for EUCs :) At this point I am just grateful, I didn’t hit my face and that you guys take the time to talk to me. Much gratitude to you Wi and this forum. Ps, if anyone can guide me to a link for a new motherboard that would be kind. 🙏🏼  

• Like 1

King Song: 14D/S Controller

https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-14d-s-controller/

(i did not find one on eBay or AliExpress for the KS14D or the KS14S. you may try eBay in countries closer to you and be successful, possibly Russia where the wheel was popular)

Edited by WI_Hedgehog
Fixed auto-[in]correct