Are KS16X waterproof? What IPX?

Hidayat

Nope, not waterproof and no IP rating at all. They’re not terrible by any means, but if you’re in a downpour you should use a shower cap. Better safe.

I’ve had mine on wet roads, snow, and some wet dirt and haven’t had any issues at all. Early models let water into the power switch but that switch seems to have received a healthy dose of silicone in recent builds so it’s not mentioned as a problem much anymore.

• Like 1

I don't know about other euc mfgs, but King Song are not built in automative grade engineering.  Almost all connectors are hobby or home consumer electronic grade.  See the video below, if it is built like a car, the circle board would have been encased in epoxy.  Hack, the heat sink is directly exposed to the tire well where water can come in direct contact.  In another word, don't ride in the rain.  I also avoid any wet surface if possible.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Faster said:

I don't know about other euc mfgs, but King Song are not built in automative grade engineering.  Almost all connectors are hobby or home consumer electronic grade.  See the video below, if it is built like a car, the circle board would have been encased in epoxy.  Hack, the heat sink is directly exposed to the tire well where water can come in direct contact.  In another word, don't ride in the rain.  I also avoid any wet surface if possible.  

None of them are and scary thought... Kingsong is one of the better in build quality. "Better" being subjective.

• Like 1

I think after the industry work its 'need-for-speed" out its system.  In a few years, we will start seeing mfgs start building wheels with strong emphasis of reliability.  After all, how fast can we possibly go with only one wheel?  IMHO, anything over 50km/h is stupid fast.  With that said, I sure we will find a few on this board will jump on the chance of riding a 100km/h wheel.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybee depend on batch my batch 2 is terible in weatherproofing. Dust inside LED decorative lights is cloged by paste from dust and water. Realy not ride in rain or after rain just dry roads. If something is changed in latest batch i dont know no mutch hope becasue this core of "problem" is bad desing/engenering choice.

Still 16x is fun EUC with best convinience on market no doubt about. Take this EUC like 40/45 kmh machine.   

• Like 1