Kingsong S18 Clarkpads pics or something similar?

NYC One Roll

11 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

Clark has a specific model for the S18.

Osjk2FC.jpg

Cool. Thanks, I saw the pieces on the website however didn't have it actually sitting on a s18. Looks like it really locks your foot in. 

For sure.  With my homebrew spiked pedals I can lift the s18 without winding up.  Great for Oh S--t moments when you didn't see something you don't want to run over like glass or whatever.

2 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

For sure.  With my homebrew spiked pedals I can lift the s18 without winding up.  Great for Oh S--t moments when you didn't see something you don't want to run over like glass or whatever.

Interesting, lift the s18 like jump with it?  Which batch of the S18 are you currently riding? 

I am just a bit worried about the speed wobble. I have never experienced that on any of my other wheels I have ridden besides the S18. 

Edited by nycommuter69

Yep, jump it.  Its really hard to not go after every bump, curb and lip once you are locked in and properly set up.  I'm using a gen 3 s18.  It shipped with the Eakia tire which I promptly blew out and replaced with the MSP tire CST 1488.  Both tires can wobble depending on their inflation.  I found that slowly reducing pressure 2-3 PSI and then testing lets you get it dialed in.  I ride the MSP tire at 31 and it will only give me wobble issues under extreme conditions like 25 plus MPH on a rough downhill road.  Even then all the normal stuff works to get you out of it. I just rotate between brake, carve, squat. 

Edited by pkinpdx

3 hours ago, pkinpdx said:

Yep, jump it.  Its really hard to not go after every bump, curb and lip once you are locked in and properly set up.  I'm using a gen 3 s18.  It shipped with the Eakia tire which I promptly blew out and replaced with the MSP tire CST 1488.  Both tires can wobble depending on their inflation.  I found that slowly reducing pressure 2-3 PSI and then testing lets you get it dialed in.  I ride the MSP tire at 31 and it will only give me wobble issues under extreme conditions like 25 plus MPH on a rough downhill road.  Even then all the normal stuff works to get you out of it. I just rotate between brake, carve, squat. 

Good to know. I think I might have been riding it above 38 psi hence the wobble. I was too excited and paid the price. 

I usually ride between 25 to 29 psi 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamal Roncarlo said:

mine has been giving off bad wobble vibe. I’m also a new-ish rider, but it wobbles even when i pick it up and spin.

RIm and tire runout is common. Unless it is massive, its not what is causing  riding 'wobble'. Its usually rider skill that is the culprit. When a tire is somewhat out of round, you will feel it more like a hop. Of course, lateral runout can cause very minor wobble, but its also less an issue than how the rider balances. Letting a wheel freespin and seeing vibration is also normal. You're hard pressed in the tire world, to see a tire spin at 35mph and NOT induce some form of vibration. Even cars on the street with fairly stright rims and balanced, show wobble under free spin. Luckily we dont ride them without weight on the tire, nor typically at free spin speeds. Alll my wheels have detectable runout, and they ALL wobble and vibrate under uncontrolled free-spin. They also all ride VERY smoothly and when I encounter wobble at higher speeds, its definitely a personal issue. Ymmv of course. I'd imagine if a rider with 1000 miles of experience on a particular wheel, claims they feel a newly developed wobble, it may be the equipment. New riders.... well..... not so much. If it IS in fact the tire/rim causing the problem, it will present itself in the same fashion at the same speeds, everytime. If its rider induced, the wobble seems to come and go and at various times under changing conditions. My s18 had runout (among too many other problems) but it ditn have any inherent wobble. I did wobble for the first few moments as the center of gravity IS quite different. I blame myself for the wobbles and Locksong for everything else.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

RIm and tire runout is common. Unless it is massive, its not what is causing  riding 'wobble'. Its usually rider skill that is the culprit. When a tire is somewhat out of round, you will feel it more like a hop. Of course, lateral runout can cause very minor wobble, but its also less an issue than how the rider balances. Letting a wheel freespin and seeing vibration is also normal. You're hard pressed in the tire world, to see a tire spin at 35mph and NOT induce some form of vibration. Even cars on the street with fairly stright rims and balanced, show wobble under free spin. Luckily we dont ride them without weight on the tire, nor typically at free spin speeds. Alll my wheels have detectable runout, and they ALL wobble and vibrate under uncontrolled free-spin. They also all ride VERY smoothly and when I encounter wobble at higher speeds, its definitely a personal issue. Ymmv of course. I'd imagine if a rider with 1000 miles of experience on a particular wheel, claims they feel a newly developed wobble, it may be the equipment. New riders.... well..... not so much. If it IS in fact the tire/rim causing the problem, it will present itself in the same fashion at the same speeds, everytime. If its rider induced, the wobble seems to come and go and at various times under changing conditions. My s18 had runout (among too many other problems) but it ditn have any inherent wobble. I did wobble for the first few moments as the center of gravity IS quite different. I blame myself for the wobbles and Locksong for everything else.

Appreciate the info. It is only a higher speeds, and braking. I know I’m a new ish rider so I’m just living with it and rolling through it. This forum helps. If you wanna see a video of me picking up and watch and hear, here it is! It’s more of an unbalanced than it is a wobble. I’m told this is common.

• Like 1

Tire not properly seated: Put the EUC on a stand, or lay it on the side, you can turn the tire by hand and see whether the center is aligned. If not release pressure and twist it till it's mostly centred. Else wobbles at higher speed and braking are normal when you begin (and even later), so it might just be that.

Edited by null

9 minutes ago, null said:

Tire not properly seated: Put the EUC on a stand, or lay it on the side, you can turn the tire by hand and see whether the center is aligned. If not release pressure and twist it till it's mostly centred. Else wobbles at higher speed and braking are normal when you begin, so it might just be that.

Thank you!