Evaluate used KS 18XL wheel...

deddycool

Hey all!

I want to sell my 18XL wheel because I would like to upgrade to S18 wheel.  I dont  really have any experience with selling used wheels. It give me a hard time to guess the right price. Is it worth only 50% or maybe more? How would you guys evaluate the price? About the wheel: Its one year  old and it has about 7000 km in it. It has a couple of scratches on the outside but other than that its working properly and it has not damages.

• Like 1

Not an upgrade imho, but thats of little consequence. Browse our sales forum and youll get a good idea what the going rate was for some transactions. Typically, the 18xl series goes from $1000-$1400 as of late, in good condition with NO geolocking. Of course, it may be highly locale and motivation dependant. The old saying goes... 'its worth whatever you can get someone to pay you for it"

• Like 2

I had an 18XL that was 15 months old and had 8000 km on it. Global serial number so no geolocking. I sold it for 800 € here on the sales forum. You could try to ask for more than 50 %, but that should be your minimum. Did you buy it locally? 

I would recommend checking out if KingSong comes up with new wheels this spring. The S18 has smaller battery but otherwise feels very much like the 18XL. Make sure the suspension system has been fixed already. At least earlier batches were badly assembled. 

• Like 1

S18 it's a splendid wheel....I must admit that I would like to have one of my own, however 18XL it's very trusty, and you can rely on it good years.
You never imagine how bad ball bearings are seated in that S18 suspension.

Make sure you are fully understood all implications regarding this aspect
For more details please read carefully all threads regarding S18 suspension system.

Edited by Meserias