a proven wheel vs a new wheel ?

helmet

I have two wheels, a KS-14D and an Inmotion V10f. Both are proven to me as reliable used wheels. I have 2 shin scars from the King Song. It does this spin out thing that comes back and splits the skin on my shin. I only really fall while riding the inmotion if I have a lot of gear on, yet I take my fall out on the EUC, to say I jump to safety. My wheels aren't perfect, but I wonder about the resale value, though, I would probably never sell an EUC because of the liability involved. These are dangerous vehicles. So I guess, what I am asking is, would you rather buy a new wheel with a warranty, or a proven and ridden wheel whithout a warranty?

Depends on the price. :D Warranty for me is not that much about “it won’t break” but “if it breaks, I get a replacement or my money back.”

If I think that the probability of a warranty covered-issue multiplied by the cost to fix it myself is less bucks than the discount, I’m fine with second hand.

Edited by Zopper

For me it would depend on multiple things; the wheel, the price, the tradeoffs, reason for the sale.

There's a risk involved not just because of the nature of the wheel, but how did the owner take care of it?  Why is he/she selling it?  How is the battery & the Mobo?

If the price is near what it is new, why would I want to buy a used wheel plus shipping when I can buy a new one with warranty, shipping from the reputable reseller, & 'some' confidence in the deal.

If the guy/gal selling the used wheel is just down the street, then I'd need to ride it & test it's battery longevity.  Still, it would have to be an intriguing sale & would have to beat the cost of benefits of purchasing a new wheel obviously.

• Like 1