Thinking of upgrading my Telsla to RS HS or Sherman!

So I have been having a blast on my Telsa V2. I ride some street/sidewalk but ride more light trails. I have been pushing the speed on the Tesla and when I get to 27-30MPH I feel like it gets a little squirrely, especially when there is any kind of wind! So I have been eying a few wheels for a while. Thinking the RS HS or the Sherman. Leaning more towards the RS. I don't need to have more then 25-35 miles of hard riding range. I would like to be able to ride in the mid to upper 30MPH range without worrying about a cutout! I also was looking at the V11 because the suspension looks like it would be awesome on the bumpy trail I ride but the lower speed is kind of a letdown. I am also concerned about the hollow motor bearing issues on some of these wheels. Maybe I should just wait to see what else comes out this year? But I'm getting that itch everyone seems to be getting! It's like it's contagious or something!:whistling:     

Edited by Pev junkie
  • Like 1

I think that you'd be happy with either wheel. I've tried the Sherman and it felt great. Very stable but it doesn't feel as zippy as the RS HS. The RS HS feels like a sports bike, super quick and smooth whereas the Sherman would be the Honda Gold Wing cruiser. Riding at 30-40mph on the RS you'll get 20-25 miles out of it. The Sherman might be the way to go if you can afford it solely for the extra range capability. Both wheels do fine offroading though the RS can be feel more sporty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SorenStarr said:

I think that you'd be happy with either wheel. I've tried the Sherman and it felt great. Very stable but it doesn't feel as zippy as the RS HS. The RS HS feels like a sports bike, super quick and smooth whereas the Sherman would be the Honda Gold Wing cruiser. Riding at 30-40mph on the RS you'll get 20-25 miles out of it. The Sherman might be the way to go if you can afford it solely for the extra range capability. Both wheels do fine offroading though the RS can be feel more sporty.

I am a sport bike guy NOT a Gold Wing! 🤣 I would like the quicker pickup speed

• Like 2

Gotways seems to be dropping the ball a little bit as of late. The sherm does definitely feel a little sluggish from zero-20mph. After that tho... its glorious. I'm wishing i had a suspension wheel, but definitely am waiting for the next offerings to show up. Current suspension wheels just aint quite got the nutz I'm looking for. Adrenaline can be so damn expensive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Gotways seems to be dropping the ball a little bit as of late. The sherm does definitely feel a little sluggish from zero-20mph. After that tho... its glorious. I'm wishing i had a suspension wheel, but definitely am waiting for the next offerings to show up. Current suspension wheels just aint quite got the nutz I'm looking for. Adrenaline can be so damn expensive.

Yea that's my problem. I'm kinda an adrenaline junkie! I have had several sport bikes over the years. I really love the Ducati look of the S18! Like a lot of us, I wish for a suspension wheel that goes 50+ MPH and has good range and tough body parts! Hey I can dream right?!?😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pev junkie said:

Yea that's my problem. I'm kinda an adrenaline junkie! I have had several sport bikes over the years. I really love the Ducati look of the S18! Like a lot of us, I wish for a suspension wheel that goes 50+ MPH and has good range and tough body parts! Hey I can dream right?!?😁

Euc will never compare to motorcycles when it comes to speed and off road. I had my hopes up for the s18 as well. In the end, Im having to realize that hoping for miracles is much less enjoyable than realizing that my motorcycles and my euc's just aint gna be comparable. Of course, 40mph on an euc seems REALLY fast vs 140mph on a sport bike. Hell, 50mph on a chinesium built and plastic pile of crap is risky as it is. You want a single wheel at 50mph+ offroad, dump the clutch and work that supermoto like ya got a pair B)  You could always buy a paramotor and enjoy stupid adrenaline like that! Flying by a bedsheet with a weedeater powering you, is nuts. Of course, riding these suspect quality euc's at highways speeds may be even worse. I'm gna be racing the grim reaper this summer... lets hope the camera is rollin'!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Euc will never compare to motorcycles when it comes to speed and off road. I had my hopes up for the s18 as well. In the end, Im having to realize that hoping for miracles is much less enjoyable than realizing that my motorcycles and my euc's just aint gna be comparable. Of course, 40mph on an euc seems REALLY fast vs 140mph on a sport bike. Hell, 50mph on a chinesium built and plastic pile of crap is risky as it is. You want a single wheel at 50mph+ offroad, dump the clutch and work that supermoto like ya got a pair B)  You could always buy a paramotor and enjoy stupid adrenaline like that! Flying by a bedsheet with a weedeater powering you, is nuts. Of course, riding these suspect quality euc's at highways speeds may be even worse. I'm gna be racing the grim reaper this summer... lets hope the camera is rollin'!

Haha. I hear you brother! These high quality China wheels are the shiznick!🤣 

• Like 1