Tire tube was wrapped around the outside of the wheel itself

Patrick Corbett

Hello guys, I made a post about the “flat tire” about a week ago but it turns out the tire is fine. After disassembling the EUC I found that the TIRE TUBE was wrapped around the outside of the tire, once I pulled it out of the shell I noticed it was completely pulled out of the tire itself. The thing I’m confused about is why. I didn’t ride in inclement weather, I didn’t crash, nothing out of the ordinary other than a few drops whenever I lost my balance. It was only my 5th day riding it, is this something on my end? Or is this a manufacturer error? If I thought there was something obvious that I did to cause this I would have remembered but this makes no sense. Ewheels said that during shipping it MIGHT have been damaged which I’m hoping because if I don’t know how this happened it’ll keep happening and every few days I’ll have a broken EUC. It sucks I was able to ride around the whole field and I was making sick progress on my 5th day and now this happens, if I knew why I’d at least know how to prevent it from happening in the future. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, you guys are more seasoned veterans than I am. 

Oh man, that's scary. The tube should NEVER come out of the tire, the only two known ways for that to happen are 1) magic (have you really irritated someone recently?) or 2) the tire's bead separated from the rim and the tube got pushed out between the rim and the bead of the tire as you were rolling around on it. #2 can easily happen if the tube (tire) is flat and you keep riding on it.

My guess is that you did indeed have a flat tire. Get a new tube because the old one is now a rubber band, remount the tire on the rim and always make sure to check that the tire is properly inflated before you ride. If it starts 'feeling funny' when you're riding, dismount and verify the tire is not flat.

Okay, the only oversight I think I made is I didn’t fill it up with any air after I got it, maybe I should have, but then again I didn’t have it for long. It happened on day 5 and there weren’t any sharp objects in the concrete field just a few twigs. I am gonna make sure the tire pressure is at 30 PSI’s from now on if that helps but I’m pretty much grasping at straws when it comes to the “how” this flat happened.