Gotway MSX Tire Rubbing

Voyex

I have a Gotway MSX and it fell while going around 10mph and now the tire is rubbing against the inner shell. The left side of the tire is rubbing. It's almost like the tire/motor is shifted a few degrees compared to the shell. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this and/or suggest a quick fix. My only thought would be a pedal hanger.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 6:03 AM, alcatraz said:

I don't know about the msx but my tesla has six bolts on either side that holds the shell onto the axle assembly.

If one side has shifted you probably need to take off the covers on both sides and undo/retighten those bolts and realign the shell.

I ended up tearing apart the wheel and after a lot of work on the wheel I have found several cracks on the shell that are leading to the shell being shifted on the motor. I fixed it with epoxy for now but I'm afraid I will need a new shell to get a more permanent fix.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have one of last MSX before it ends (QC 2/2021) and the tire from factory is 18x2,5 with comment that original tire was hitting the shell in some cases. 

On 5/8/2021 at 8:55 AM, Desty said:

I have one of last MSX before it ends (QC 2/2021) and the tire from factory is 18x2,5 with comment that original tire was hitting the shell in some cases. 

This is a non official MSX, a franken wheel that nobody knows who is assembling it, and I guess they quality standards are worse than Gotway's standards. It's labeled 100% original but who knows where it really comes from. Many people had misaligned tire, she'll and loosened screws on those wheel. A lot of work is needed to check fully the wheel before feeling "safe" using it