Hot stapler plastic repair.

Fox

Hey. I have a gotway monster Gen 1 and recently been having a hard time with some of the brittle plastic not staying glued. I just finished using a hot stapler and thought It is worth a mention ( I wish I took before photos ) but the repair feels very sturdy.

Some pictures of the repair are on my Instagram at this link https://www.instagram.com/p/CKsoifHB-sR/?igshid=17nspdc78o79w

I bought the gun on Amazon for 42 dollars Canadian. Its totally worth consideration.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 1

Bought both plastic stapler and separate welder for my wheels repairs, esp. 18L on its weak pedal holders. Were provided with 4 rolls of plastics fuse, PET, PPE, ABS, last unknown. Which should i be using for most wheels? 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I have heard the older gotways were ABS. But in general the best part of most plastics are they are thermoplastic blends and suitable for the hot stapler.  With the stapler you really don't need to know the kind of plastic, but I understand why you would want to add more material. I think ABS is a common choice and the first I would try.