MSP Wattage

I just received my very first EUC, a used MSP, and I'm STOKED. Given the recent shenanigans about the state of Gotway batteries (especially the MSP?), I was advised that I ought to verify the wattage upon receipt and I just wanted to check with the braintrust here to be sure that my wheel is up to spec. Using DarknessBot on iOS, with the wheel powered on, the wattage is bouncing around between 87 (though sometimes a little bit lower) and 100 (though sometimes up to 114). All good or evacuate the building?!?

Unless that's a 67V battery it needs to be charged, that's a very low reading... keep a close eye on it while it's charging.

You mentioned it was an MSP (MSuper Pro), I'm pretty sure those are supposed to have 100V packs based on https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=5C7F7C96B9CB240D!453580&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!AH72KLYXambSLHc and having a pack measure 67V is a very bad sign.

Edited by Tawpie

I was originally joking about charging it in the driveway but if it is really a 100V battery that is really only at 67V then the individual cells are below their typical operating low voltage point and something else may be wrong. If a 100V pack voltage gets to around 60V the battery may be unrecoverable. Something's not right for sure if the apps think it's 100% charged... could be an app setting?

Fully charged should be right around 100.8 volts. Might be slightly less if the battery is older.

Edited by Tawpie
change full charge voltage to agree with the referenced spreadsheet

That's something for a Gotway owner to answer, I have no clue. If it were a KS, I'd tell you that the controller board powers up during charging so you can use an app to monitor charge progress (the wheel doesn't balance and the motor doesn't run).

It might not be terrible. The previous owner may not have charged it in a coons age and all will be fine. But the wheel should have disallowed riding at around 79V (3.3V/cell * 24 cells) and self discharge to 67V would take a while. Who knows.

Charge it, watch it. With a standard charger it'll take a number of hours to get to 100V so don't get anxious. It'll probably be fine.