Gotway (Begode is a gross name) Tesla jump pads that actually fit!

I_Must_Bust

PSA for anybody who doesn't know: Mr Clark of Clark pads fame makes mini pads that can fit on the small surface area of the Tesla.

Been looking for a jump pad solution for mine so I figured I'd drop this thread for future googlers, especially seeing as the Tesla v3 was just released. I'll update when I get mine with a quick review.

• Like 1

I figure I saved the money buying a $1200 tesla rather than a more expensive wheel and it's worth it to be able to jump. 150USD shipped isn't all that bad for what you get, IMO. I've heard only good things about them and have been wanting some for a while.

Also greetings from down in the US -- I think you may have been one of the guys who comforted me when my tesla was taking forever to arrive! I've put some miles on it since then and upgraded my winter wardrobe to let me ride as long as the roads aren't too slick.

Edited by I_Must_Bust
  • Like 1

Funny enough, I caught this YT vid (below) on making Tesla jump pads using Yoga blocks. Never woulda occurred to me but once I saw it, I gotta say its ingenious. Yoga blocks comes in 9x6x4" so its almost a perfect fit for the Tesla (I would assume for most wheels too with a bit of creativity). Costs $15 for the blocks + some velcro/3M plus a utility &or deboning knife. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, I_Must_Bust said:

That looks pretty good as well. To be honest I have some unsteady cutting hands coupled with a love of symmetry so I'd never get the two sides to be close enough to looking identical for my satisfaction. Hence the clark pads :laughbounce2:.

No worries man. I've heard nothing but good things about the Clark pads. If I was in the market, I get those over all the others. I'm just cheap as all so cheap is as cheap does:P!  I tried making Kuji pads by layering neoprene but that was super messy. I woulda given up on diy pads til I saw the yoga blocks.

Btw how'd u liking the Tesla? Is it all you've been hoping for? FWIW I think you caught the deal at the right time as the new V3 with the 1500ah from the factory costs like $400 more!

• Like 1

Yeah I'm a big fan of the Tesla's speed and hill climbing ability for the price. I live in a 3rd floor walk up apartment so the relatively low weight is good as well.

I may have an RS or some other yet-to-be-released wheel on the horizon after I buy a house and ditch the 3 floor climb each day but, for now, the Tesla is the absolute ideal wheel for me. Could also go for an mTen3 eventually.

The Tesla is tough to learn backwards riding on but that's my only complaint so far.  I also tried the neoprene sheet kuji pad method which I failed miserably at lol. 

Edited by I_Must_Bust
  • Like 1

Remember how weird it felt the 1st time you climbed on the wheel? Then you slowly got used to the balance, weight distribution & foot posture for forward motion & maneuvers. Imagine the same but backwards which will be just as weird & contribute to the uncoordinated helplessness.

For sure, an Mten3 will be easier for going backwards mainly cos its so nimble & easy for going slow. However once your brain & motor system gets it, there's not a lot of diff btwn wheels. I found that riding backwards beside a long wall/railings helps large. Its just like learning to move forward except backwards 😅

13 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Remember how weird it felt the 1st time you climbed on the wheel? Then you slowly got used to the balance, weight distribution & foot posture for forward motion & maneuvers. Imagine the same but backwards which will be just as weird & contribute to the uncoordinated helplessness.

Yep that's what I'm going through. I try to ride almost every day and just put in 5-10 minutes practice going backwards each time. The transition to going back is the hardest -- but I learned to ride initially by free mounting instead of using a wall which I think helped me in the long run. I figure it could be the same for the front to back transition so I'm hesitant to learn by using a support.

Edited by I_Must_Bust

Because our eyes are forward facing, we're all programmed thru natural biomechanics & habit for learning forward motion. Backwards is a reverse of everything we know so its much more unnatural & hence difficult. To me, its like skating backwards, kinda. Some ppl pick it up easily (not me) while others don't.

So I found a wall/railing to assist balance makes it easier to adapt to that unnatural motion. Doesn't hurt to try even if it don't work