First generation Msuper

Phraggle

So,i have the old Msuper,1st gen. It was my first wheel,and i have kept it as a loner wheel. I lent it to a buddy for a few months,and it just recently it stopped charging. Had an electrician friend take it apart and have a look at it. He chased all the wires with a meter,and found a circuit board on one of the battery packs was where the problem was. We didnt want to un solder the board,that felt a little beyond our skills and tools at the moment.

Is that something i can order from Ewheels and either install myself,or find someone near me that can,or should i just buy a whole new battery pack with the board already installed?

My electrician buddy told me the battery pack seemed good,but suggested replacing batteries and board together,what are your suggestions?

Also...is there a possibility of using any or most of the components of the old Msuper to piece together a safer,less unpredictable wheel( this Msuper cut off on me at 20mph and hobbled me for 6 months!)?

If the rest of the hardware is still OK and you like the wheel I wouldnt hesitate to put in a brand new battery. Even if you still get the same range at moderate speeds, the same "full" voltage and the same capacity when discharged at moderate currents the battery may be finished.

The internal resistance of old and much used cells increases a lot and can cause bad voltage sags just when extra power is needed, like balancing out some bump or obstacle on the road. This is something you will notice only under maximum load.

How old was the wheel when it cut out on you? Excessive voltage sag from old and tired cells may have been responsible for the cut out.

Edited by mhpr262