PEV’s and public perception

Nostris

I live in Italy where escooters are getting more popular by the day. In my local town the rental escooters have now arrived. The problem is that they are ridden by complete idiots. I have seen them being ridden on sidewalks in pedestrian areas, on roads, against the flow of traffic, the wrong way round roundabouts, on the local bypass and up one way streets etc. It seems the problem is that many people on these things don’t drive or ride a motorcycle. They have no clue about the rules of the road, or basic etiquette on the road...They are a hazard to themselves and everyone else. Last night there was a segment on the national news about just this.  I hope the actions of these morons won’t be the cause of onerous regulations against PEV’s. Has any one else see this in their home town?   ... and yes, I know I’m a moaning old git! 

• Like 1

Rental scooters are a problem everywhere in the US. It's unfortunate there are people who have no common sense and understand proper etiquette when riding the scooters. They are easy to access and when people have something they can rent for a few dollars, they treat it like a toy and not a vehicle. It has led to certain places placing a blanket ban on all PEVs because of those rental riders who don't wear any gear or ride smartly (IE. drunk driving and recklessness). 

Luckily, I live in an area that doesn't have the rental scooters so there isn't any big problems with authorities... yet. 

• Like 1