Any KS16X improvements latest batch?

Crooznfbroozn

Looking for a good distance, off road, no suspension wheel the KS16X comes up favorably. 

However the premium price seems to mismatch the what seems very basic quality issues? (Any level of rain or dust puts it at risk, cutoff at high speeds, general instability, weak plastic shell)

Is anyone aware of any significant improvements on the latest batches to alleviate the fragility of this wheel? (Seeing a 100v higher wh OR suspension wheel comes at the same price, I fail to see what justifies this cost if KS is too cheap to add basic waterproofing)

Edited by Crooznfbroozn

My latest model 16x has been awesome in the 300 miles I’ve put on it.  I was going to pop the cover at 500 miles to check for dust and loose fasteners.   I’ve had no problems riding it at 30 mph.  It can hold 25 mph indefinitely up an impressive grade.  The sound is decently good.  The headlight adequate.  The leds fun.  And I think it’s one of the cooler looking wheels.  So 2k gets you a solid total package.

Edited by bracky72