Help with bCNC

Blakus

Hi All,

Are there any kind souls who might help me understand some of the bCNC concepts?

At the moment my concern is auto levelling ( Or the lack of ).

As I understand it if I have selected a file and set the Z axis to 0 on the origin with 'Probe', when I click on the "Zero" icon that then sets the program to compare all the other points on the area selected to that of the origin zero. So after doing that I raise the tool a mil or so attach the probe lead clip and click on 'scan'. Which is where my problem starts, if I have set the minimum Z to 0 the program cycles through the area but returns all points as 0.000. If I set the Z minimum to a negative value the first location just freezes, the progress bar at the bottom shows the elapsed time increasing but the tool is not moving. I have the probe setting as "Stop on contact".

So if anyone can help me improve on the process it would be appreciated.

Cheers ......... Blakus

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but I think your settings might be off, what are you using as min and max Z-values for the autoleveling? I haven't tried, but I could imagine something weird happening if you have same values for both (min = max) or higher min-value than max-value  (min > max)?

image.png.44bd8f0b9bb9fbf454ebc4696797bc95.png

The Z Min and Max -values in Autolevel control how deep the bit can travel before it's considered a "miss" (min-value), ie it didn't hit the board at all, and how high to travel (max-value). So with above settings (min = -1.0 and max = 0.75), when you set a "zero"-level on the board on one point, if the bit goes deeper than 1 unit (I'm using millimeters as units, I guess you use mils) from that when autoleveling, it's considered to have missed the board entirely and the autoleveling stops. The max value is actually the height at which the bit is lifted to when moving from one measurement point to next, using too low value, your bit might hit the board while moving, whereas too high value makes the probing take much longer time, because it takes longer to come down at each point.

Edit: D'oh, just noticed that this post is over month old and the user hasn't been visiting the forums in about a month...  :D

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1