v8 new motor - no more sounds/alarms/tiltback

redsnapper

I swapped out the rim on this v8 and on restart the wheel runs as normal but makes no more sounds and does not tiltback/warn at 30kph - I assume this has something to do with battery disconnect when pulling the shell off the old rim but still. Surely there is some ROM on the board to store defaults! Anyone know why this has happened and how to remedy?

no the speaker connector does not even get disconnected when you swap motor - batt connectors (for safety ), 3 motor wires and hall sensor connector - so this no sound thing is a puzzle. I seem to remember reading about sound defaults having to be reset via the app when you disconnect batt ( which makes no sense to me ) but I cannot find where I read that... I hate the inmotion app and much prefer drkbot but I may have to stoop to using it as my next step...

• 3 weeks later...

update - must use the IM app to xfer the default sound scheme back to the controller - which is very buggy and required several attempts but it finally did succeed.  So anyone who loses sound after disconnect batt -  turn on wheel & set wheel into calibration position (leaning on front fender/edge), then use app to xfer default scheme. YOu may have to switch to another scheme 1st as app may refuse to xfer default if it thinks it is already there!