Compare motor of KS18XL 2200w vs V11?

brockj

Has anyone ridden both and can compare?

Im particularly interested in hill climbing ability, off the line acceleration, low speed control, and breaking. I guess that is usually summed up as "torque."

I'm curious if the v11 is mostly a comfort and safety upgrade from my 18xl. On paper they both have 2200W motors, but of course that doesnt tell the whole story.

Edited by brockj

You are right in that the nominal wattage number doesn't tell much about the motor. And mostly the things you listed are functions of wheel size and firmware, almost nothing to do with motor unless you reach the limits easily. I have an 18XL (2000W) and a V11. In general the motor on the V11 feels smoother and more refined. The power delivery is very nice. It has a slightly larger diameter tire so it requires a bit more lean. But I would say the difference is very small. I'd say it's a noticeably better motor but alone it's not worth upgrading. 

But my V11 feels like a big upgrade in general. Almost everything is a bit nicer and better, except range. The suspension alone is worth upgrading, it really is a game changer. 

Here's a video of EVX comparing the KS 2200 motor to the V11 motor. (linked to the starting point at 6:32)

• Like 2