EUC World Terrain Profile Anomaly

Hi all,

When I open a tour on the website, below the map are a bunch of graphs. The first one being terrain profile and speed. I took a tour where half was traveling up a mountain (with minor undulations) and the other half travelling down, the same way I came. The terrain profile doesn't reflect that.

I examined the associated CVS file of the tour and the gps-alt column appears to indicate a steady climb and subsequent descent.

Edited by CluelessNoob

1 hour ago, CluelessNoob said:

When I open a tour on the website, below the map are a bunch of graphs. The first one being terrain profile and speed. I took a tour where half was traveling up a mountain (with minor undulations) and the other half travelling down, the same way I came. The terrain profile doesn't reflect that.

Terrain profile is generated using Japanese ALOS Global Digital Surface Model data. It's possible that some elevation data are missing/inaccurate for your location and this may impact terrain profile graph.

59 minutes ago, CluelessNoob said:

How would I add images here? I have screenshots that illustrate what I am talking about.

Just post URL to your tour, so I can examine what is the problem.

Additional information

After become aware of this issue I examined my other tours. There are oddities in nearly all of them. So it seems that the terrain model data for where I live is wrong/incomplete/erroneous.

I am sure you have your reasons to use a third party to provide this information instead of using the recorded GPS altitude, just be aware there are issues (for people in Colorado).