To straighten my stance

Zulix

So I got my first wheel (Tesla V2) on July 1st and have been riding (almost) daily since, minus a couple days i took off to recover from injuries sustained learning and one rain day.  At first, it didn't seem like foot position mattered, but as I ride for longer and longer distances now, I find it's HUGE, and even the slightest deviation makes the ride slightly uncomfortable and makes me feel off-balance.  I can still ride through a bad foot placement, and can (sometimes) adjust on the fly, as long as it's only my left foot that's wrong.  If my right foot is wrong, I'm pretty much stuck with it til I dismount.

Now, I've noticed when I ride, if i'm going faster than 15 mph or so, I have this uncontrollable need to screw my shoulders and upper body to the right, throwing my left shoulder forward and effectively riding sideways from the waist up - and it takes an effort of will to straighten myself back out, after which I find I've subconsciously twisted off to the right again after a minute or two.  For a while, I thought my foot position was off, maybe one foot was farther forward than the other and it was throwing off my balance and making me want to compensate.  I started paying a lot of attention to where my feet were and found that no matter what I do with my feet (dead even, left foot forward, right foot forward) my upper body still tries to turn right.

I'm guessing this has to do with the same thing that keeps me from being able to adjust my right foot position while riding.  I'm guessing I'm far too dependent on my right foot/leg to control the EUC.  Has anyone had this issue and have anything that worked to train yourself to ride straight?

@Zulix Brings back memories. :D  The short of it. - practice. The long- Learning to ride is a head game. It sounds like you are fighting a battle of trust. Lower brain verses upper brain. You are over thinking it. The lower brain needs to win this so let’s trick the upper brain. First off don’t worry about speed. Ride at speed that is comfortable for now. Next let’s do something. Riding the wheel is not a goal. We need to go somewhere. No straight or open spaces, we need a path that winds around. Ride on the path and let your upper brain enjoy the ride while the lower brain learns the ropes. When you find yourself in an open space find marks on the ground to weave around. Carving is the quickest way to gain control skills. 
Many people see others riding effortlessly and assume that they just don’t have what it takes to do the same. It is not true. My wife was extremely challenged learning to ride. In the end it just takes time. She had to ride with her right arm extended. After time she just stopped doing that. She just didn’t need to anymore.  I remember having to adjust my glasses with both hands. If I used one it would throw me off balance. Now I can ride while dogs pull me in all directions. .... Time and practice. 

• Like 1