KS16X wobbles

WILSONEUC

So i like this wheel, and ive got a good handle on many of the aspects of riding it except for going higher speed. At 11-12mph, my wheel wobbles. I hear it is basically rider inexperience. The wheel is at 32Psi, i weigh 177lbs, 5'7 feet. 

I have yet to practice U-strides torque it and braking methods.

I tried squats and leaning back on the wheel. 

Ill give you all the update next time i ride using ustrides method. 

Any advice to break the wobble barrier for those who experience this with this specific wheel?

Edited by WILSON-YT
addition

You could try lowering the tire pressure a bit. Which tire does your 16X have?

Regarding technique, the key is to be able to relax your feet while you ride. Which is of course very hard in the beginning or with a new wheel.

- Make sure your foot position is a good one. Place your heel and the ball off the foot evenly on the pedal. I’d save the offset positioning for later, unless it comes naturally.

- Always ride with slightly bent, soft knees.

- Relax your ankles as much as possible.

Combined, you can hit a large obstacle without getting thrown off the wheel. As a side effect, your legs are much more relaxed, and you can eventually learn to avoid wobble altogether.

Trying to mimic any single rider’s  technique is often time wasted. If the technique is not common, there’s a reason for that. I see U-Stride’s weight distribution as one of those. If it feels natural to you, then go for it, but if it doesn’t, I believe your time is much better used practicing for techniques that are more generally adaptable.

For more precise explanation on the weight distribution on one’s feet: Let your feet lie flat across the pedal, even when accelerating or braking. Don’t let your weight stay on both heels or both balls of your feet at the same time. Either spread your weight flat all across both of your feet, or if you want to try uneven pressures, always compensate. Meaning, if one foot has more weight at the heel, the other has it at the ball of the foot.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1