1.3.0 Ride Impression

Slimer

Ok, updated my nb1 E from 1.2.7 to 1.3.0

I have only ridden it for a few kilometers so I can only state the obvious.

I was hoping it will fix my uneven turning angle and at the beginning it did feel the effect was lessen but after about 10 mins, the computer probably adapted to my bad gyro and it's same as before!

As for the ride, I would say it is way better than my 1.2.7. It feels very firm and smooth, and more maneuverable if you can believe it. Braking is obvious better, I think they increase the frequency of the motor driver. The ride level was set to 0 instead of 3. Assuming it won't break anything, definitely worth upgrading.

I think I will ask the engineer for a new board tomorrow!

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

...The ride level was set to 0 instead of 3.

If you want really to compare, you should set the same riding mode before and after the upgrade. This was actually a quite huge difference between modes 0 and 3 even with 1.2.7

Alright so I said screw it and updated my bot from 1.2.7 to 1.3.0. So far it's definitely an improvement from what I can feel. Something that I noticed instantly was that it seems it requires more energy for the wheel to rotate, originally I thought this was a bad thing, but actually it feels much stronger now. The bot still goes fast. Tilt back doesnt seem as strong now or maybe they changed the speed at which it starts tilting back. I did get it to tilt back and beep though. The breaking definitely feels better. Also there was a sensation I was feeling before on 1.2.7 where if I would go in the middle of two street tiles (The track between the tiles - or something of that nature), it would feel like the bot's wheel is being yanked to the left. It seems with this version this has become better. It doesn't happen as much but I can still definitely get it to happen if I go on one of these lines and try to stay on it. It's almost as if the bot doesn't know how to stabilize itself when "railing". Also, my ride mode is on 0 (on 1.2.7) and after I flashed it was set to 3, I changed it immediately back to 0 before going out to ride.

However, take this with a grain of salt. I was riding today and fell in the middle of a road when there was a very slow car coming my way (The light was for me but the cross way also has a path that cars can turn right in order to get into a highway. Either way I looked and saw the car, but since he was going slow I said might as well go ahead.. problem was, I think when I accelerated, I accelerated into something that further accelerated me and thus the bot lunged me forward.. I fell in a sliding forward type of way. I didn't get hurt at all, no marks or scratched. Only bad thing that happened was that my gloves broke, my trolley handle got bent (again since this is my second trolley handle) at the base, and I think I lost my tail/head light rubber straps :( .. but I am alive though so I suppose that is the most important thing hehe).

Either way, 1.3.0 definitely seems to be a solid upgrade in rideability.. I only rode it one time for 3 miles.. I need to ride it more to see if it burns out.

Other info, Bots motherboard is 1.3. N20 serial (I removed the other parts of the serial in the photo below). I also checked the battery and motherboard for signs of burning smell or signs of burning on the battery and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.. just some small orange marking (kinda looks like a orange burn) that probably was already from a long time ago or maybe manufacturing. Seems cosmetic so I'm not going to consider it a burn.

LoNoDFj.jpg

MJzLnPf.png

I'll ride it more and let you guys know what happens.

@Paulandjacquelyn Maybe, but I wouldn't worry about it. 

I just got back home from riding around 7 miles (not measured though), and it is still kicking. Also I opened the Ninebot app and accelerated to 14.6 mph and it didn't seem to tiltbacl at that speed, however once I hit 16.1 mph it was beeping and tilting back. Sometimes I'm skeptical if the numbers being displayed by the Ninebot app are accurate because the Ninebot One E+ isn't supposed to go at those speeds.

The phone I'm looking at these numbers on is a Nexus 5X. I also tested this on a Nexus 6 and it was also yielding high values in the Android My Tracks application. However, when I was on 1.2.2 I monitored the speed on a Samsung Galaxy S5 (or 6, don't remember exactly) and I got around 12-13 mph speeds. So it might just be that the accelerometer on the Nexus devices vs Samsung work differently.

Does the speed work on 'acceleration'?  I'd have thought given that the circumference (or at least diameter?) of the wheel is known and the RPM's are clearly driven purely from the motherboard then the calculation by the app would be the distance each rpm travels formulated into MPH - at least that's how I'd do it.  I've yet to compare with a GPS but as soon as I'm back on the road I'll take one out for comparisons :)

6 hours ago, Slimer said:

I meant to post below in this post. Please excuse duplicate post

Ok updated to 1.3 and went for 4 mile trek.  NB e+ n10

Big change to pedal feel. I made sure on 0 setting.  Much tighter feel....but i actually feel it is giving me more resistance when i try to "punch" it.  That leaves a feeling of slower response time.  On the plus side going down hills was more controlled due to that resistance....less tilt back situations.   No changes in speed.  

I think the report of increased power feeling is the tightness increase on pedal movement.

Archived