16x blutooth connected

Boofheadeu

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Has everyone tried this and can verify that it works just fine? I asked numerous times for the revert file from numerous KS representatives. Hell, I even responded directly when asked if anyone needed the revert file. Sadly, as usual, I was entirely ignored multiple times and NEVER did get the revert file. Personally, I don't trust KS worth a shit anymore, as their inability to respond to me, OR submit accurate information, has been severely lacking lately. I'm not touching the ks app with a 10' pole, nor will I risk my wheel with any further updates, even one so seemingly innocuous as this bluetooth file. Hell, maybe they just don't like me, but the result is the same... be VERY leery of any of their newly released 'fix' bullshit.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I mentioned in some thread that I can update and downgrade the Bluetooth patch. But I have all files for the 16X, not sure if those files are match your 18L. 

I noticed that there was a confusing response to some people. I also don't know if the 16x and 18L files are compatible. Not sure I want to roll the dice at all, even with THEIR assurance. I much rather trust the answer from ANY random member here with first hand knowledge. Glad to know that you 16x owners can try it and not fear having to revert, should it not be to your liking. For now on fw 2.0, I treat my 18L as if it were a gotway wheel with no chance to upgrade. Too much confusion and grey area to muck with it. Amazing how impossible it is to get a definitive answer from the very company that programs these things. I know, lets blame language barrier in the year 2020.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

17 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Amazing how impossible it is to get a definitive answer from the very company that programs these things. I know, lets blame language barrier in the year 2020.

It's not the language barrier at all, because if my Chinese wife is talking with Chinese manufacturers it's the same. Clear answers are hard to get. And if you get a clear answer, the answer from different employees are maybe clear, but also different. :efefa6edcf:

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, buell47 said:

It's not the language barrier at all, because if my Chinese wife is talking with Chinese manufacturers it's the same. Clear answers are hard to get. And if you get a clear answer, the answer from different employees are maybe clear, but also different. :efefa6edcf:

Now THAT tells us a lot more than anything I've read in a while. I do love my wheel, but I definitely have to put my insistence for quality and customer service in the trash, when dealing with these companies. Our poor USA representatives have a job I wouldnt wish on anyone. Eagerly awaiting a usa based company to start building a wheel in house. Now that I have the virus and put my life in the hands of these devices, I'd pay DEARLY for more peace of mind. For now, its toys that are being used as vehicles... I like danger, so the truth of it doesnt scare me too much. Sorry for the hijack @Boofheadeu, I'm on a critical roll tonight... it'll subside when the rain stops.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1