Gotway Nikola led won't turn off

Hi all

A question, before I start opening this wheel to disconnect the batteries.

I've put my Nikola on a euc stand and my son made the mistake to power it on, so it spinned freely on the stand until it powered off, but now the lights won't turn off. The strip led lights. The wheel can power on and off, it balances etc, but not able to power off the lights. 

When plugged, front light starts and fan. The voltmeter always shows like 0.1 or 0.2.. 

Everything works otherwise as normal. I would just open it up to disconnect and reconnect the batteries. Maybe it will fix, but don't know anything in that field. 

Anything I should check??

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

I've put my Nikola on a euc stand and my son made the mistake to power it on, so it spinned freely on the stand until it powered off,

This should be no abnormal burden - just "normal" operation. This is done often by many riders to get the lift cut off speed.

13 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

but not able to power off the lights. 

Strange...

Sounds like some, hopefully not serious malfunction. Maybe some loose connector/contact, although i could not imagine how this could prevent lights from turning off?

16 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Everything works otherwise as normal. I would just open it up to disconnect and reconnect the batteries. Maybe it will fix, but don't know anything in that field. 

Anything I should check??

Everything 😁 - make a thourough visual inspection.

Or is the wheel by chance still in warranty?

Well everything seems nice.. see picture 

I disconnected the batteries. Of course everything turned off. But yet again starts not powering off when powered off.. lol

I really don't know what happened.. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aMNLEjMVMDkrh63s6

Edited by Eric plam

Would that be possible that the problem comes from the speaker board? Because there is a cable coming from the battery connector that goes first in that speaker, then back to the control board.. 

And as the speakers are also still on when I power off the wheel , then maybe the faulty part is located there?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/udDSSujNVpUsDSAC9

19 hours ago, Eric plam said:

Because there is a cable coming from the battery connector that goes first in that speaker, then back to the control board.. 

There one pair (red, black) of cables got pinched/jammed.

Maybe they have loose/no contact anymore?

Edit: Have no idea if this is anyhow related to your problem and if for what this cable is needed - but it should be repaired/replaced anyhow! Maybe also the two cable pairs should be secured/fixed to this hole so that they cannot be jammed again.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1