Hoverboard firmware

moezmahroug

Hi, :efef62fc70:
I'm a new member of this wonderful forum. I would like you to help me find a solution to my problem please :efee8c29ce:.

So, my problem is that I purchased Hoverboard for robot projects. Unfortunately, I discovered that it is not original. My project is to control their motors with Arduino. So, I tried to work on it, but I made a mistake and I lost the firmware. There are three CPUs and I only work with one of them. I will mention it in the pictures.
If you can help me get him back to work as they were or given me a solution to control it with Arduino, I would be very grateful.

dun2.jpg

v92o.jpgtj6q.jpg

Hi i think it wont be easy cause most of MCUs have data protection and you wont download firmware from working chip another thing is that company wont share this firmware. Tell me some more about this robot maybe there will be another solution.

• Like 1

Hi evil696,
Thanks a lot for the quick answer.
This is my mistake, I tried to open its protection, but the memory was erased.
Firstly, it is not a balanced robot, and I choose the overboard because I need torque and not much speed. The robot is something like this in the picture, with two motors and controlled with UART ( Arduino ... ).

ptah.jpg

0oqs.jpg

• Like 1

Hi nice job:)

Memory wasnt erased but data protecion on MCU gives you all 00 or FF if you try to read data its normal.

In your case you can do 2 things, cut off original MCU and connect logical signals from arduino to mosfet drivers (its 8 pin smd chip near by motor coil cables), on PCB you have 3 mosfet drivers for single motor, but worst thing in this case will be get signals from hall sensors. There is simple way to do your project, buy this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33040206964.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.54c57913zO8t5n&algo_pvid=4f81bb89-6941-4134-bb92-4ba7d254835d&algo_expid=4f81bb89-6941-4134-bb92-4ba7d254835d-11&btsid=0ab6f82c15882754386525063ef569&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

its simple and cheap bldc motor driver, you can connect it to arduino and do what you want :)

Hi, 

I think i will try to drive the MOSFET drivers at first, if it's ok a will move on to  get signals from hall sensors.
At the same time, I requested the card (Controller BLDC Driver Board with Hall ) that you suggested to me.
then, I will try to find a program running on Arduino to control the MOSFET drivers.If you have any links for a program I can use it.

thanks a lot, my friend.

5ph2.png

• Like 1