KS18XL fast charger repair.

kingkong18XL

My wheel slid off the wall while connected to my fast charger and it bent right at the tip where the charger goes into the port causing the prongs under the rubber cover to snap in half (this is a very vulnerable point) has anyone had this happen?   This small piece actually detaches and is a 4 pin connection to the charging cord, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know this piece is even called or what to even look for. I did message ewheels support and im currently waiting for a reply.  Any input would be appreciated!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingkong18XL said:

My wheel slid off the wall while connected to my fast charger and it bent right at the tip where the charger goes into the port causing the prongs under the rubber cover to snap in half (this is a very vulnerable point) has anyone had this happen?   This small piece actually detaches and is a 4 pin connection to the charging cord, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know this piece is even called or what to even look for. I did message ewheels support and im currently waiting for a reply.  Any input would be appreciated!

If you have any pics, that would help. In the meantime, don't charge your wheel in a position where it can slip, it's better to do so on a stand, on its side, etc. A broken charger connector a best-case scenario...there's a very real risk of fire hazard in such mishaps...

ewheels will sort you out just fine, patience. Responses are typically within a day, depends on time of course. They will know instantly the parts in your picture. Hopefully you're good with a soldering iron, shouldnt prove too tough to repair. Build a good stand for charging so you dont have to do this often.  Did it damage the casing at all, where the connector seats? Connectors are cheaper and more plentiful than case part, by far. Ironic, you're @kingkong18XL but you're an inmotion owner :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

8 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

ewheels will sort you out just fine, patience. Responses are typically within a day, depends on time of course. They will know instantly the parts in your picture. Hopefully you're good with a soldering iron, shouldnt prove too tough to repair. Build a good stand for charging so you dont have to do this often.  Did it damage the casing at all, where the connector seats? Connectors are cheaper and more plentiful than case part, by far. Ironic, you're @kingkong18XL but you're an inmotion owner :)

Yeah, I've dealt with Jason from ehweels and he's alway been pretty responsive.  This piece from the charger seems like I'd be able to grab it from an electronics store, but who knows, (thats why I asked here), I'm sure ewheels has a supply of this particular part as well.  No damage to casing or around the charging port, that would have been another pain in the ass to deal with but fortunately the charger piece took the brunt of the fall. Oh and I should update the ride, ive completely forgotten about my V8 since getting the KS18XL last october.

• Like 1

If you dig around, youll find the part number for that yellow piece. I think i recall it being a very standard thing used in laptop chargers too. Only thing is sometimes the amount you have to buy and shipping, kicks your butt. I'd imagine if Jason has any laying around, he'll appreciate the bizz and do what he can to help. Its here somewhere. I have lenovo laptops that look VERY similar in charging usb port.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I have a different issue with my 18xl fast charger. The charger is 16 months old from Ewheels.  It no longer charges the wheel. When I plug it into the wall the read out is 76.0.  I think it should read 84.  Jason says it has gone bad, needs to be replaced and  is unfortunately out of warranty (1 year).  However he sent me a prepaid shipping label for the broken charger which makes me think it is repairable.  Maybe just a bad capacitor or something.   Anyone else have this problem and figure out how to resolve it?

Hello members,

I am looking for a charger for a Xima Lhotz. I have lost the power cord that plugs into the AC/DC converter.

Does anyone know where I can buy one. I also am placing it on the market. I do not ride it that much ( I prefer my electric skateboard. It is the newer 19 mph model.

Thanks for any help. I am located in N.Carolina

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11060.m43.l1120/7?euid=6ad0c10d733e49e3a6b68e3a69dfe052&bu=43059288677&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F331972470007&sojTags=bu=bu

Hello members,

I am looking for a charger for a Xima Lhotz. I have lost the power cord that plugs into the AC/DC converter.

Does anyone know where I can buy one. I also am placing it on the market. I do not ride it that much ( I prefer my electric skateboard. It is the newer 19 mph model.

Thanks for any help. I am located in N.Carolina