Gotway Tesla V2 reliability, waterproofing

Been eyeing the V2 Tesla.  I’ve read that the V1 version was good in the rain, just wanted to see if that also holds true for the newer version.  Also saw some threads of the V2 with random issues (cutoff, mosfets burnt).  I really like that I can approach near 30mph in a package below 50lbs.  I’m not a long distance commuter, prob just 10 miles at a time is what I ride.  I’m hoping for some reassurance before pulling the trigger, thanks.

I have a v1 but never gotten caught in the rain yet. I'm quite nervous about that. My old V8 could do rain rides forever. Comparing the build quality the tesla does not quite reach Inmotion.

But waterproofing is something I'm interested in. If anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them. 

I guess the best way to see is to open up the shell after a rain ride and see where the water comes in. Obviously it has to be a snailpace rain ride as an unknown machine could cut off.

• 1 year later...