Sonoma County CA Riders

gon2fast

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There are a handful. I have been riding Petaluma (Helen Putman) and SF recently, though I was at Spring Lake on Friday (picking up dinner LOL). I have made a few trips to Sebastopol via the Joe Rodota trail, but it was mainly for the purpose comparing mileage between wheels. Our regional parks are still wheel friendly, but I suggest avoiding the pac&rec employees/Rangers if possible. 

I was in Petaluma today -

image.jpg

17 hours ago, gon2fast said:

There are a handful. I have been riding Petaluma (Helen Putman) and SF recently, though I was at Spring Lake on Friday (picking up dinner LOL). I have made a few trips to Sebastopol via the Joe Rodota trail, but it was mainly for the purpose comparing mileage between wheels. Our regional parks are still wheel friendly, but I suggest avoiding the pac&rec employees/Rangers if possible. 

I was in Petaluma today -

image.jpg

Cool, sounds like you do a lot of trail riding? Spring Lake/Howarth Park is rly fun it seems like there's some somewhat long trails to go on. I have yet to explore Petaluma on an euc but my brother just moved there so might get a chance to. How is riding in SF? I'm not sure if I'd trust the drivers in SF 

There is a lot of terrain to conquer in Sonoma County. Spring Lake has a lot of options and can be an all day excursion. Be aware of the mountain bikers on the single tracks (they come down fast and reckless). There are a good bunch of paths to get around Petaluma, but the roads are crap on the west side. Helen Putnam and the trails in New Haven (across the street) are very fun. SF can be a challenge, but if you are a proficient rider it is like every other place with crappy drivers and unaware pedestrians.

My one suggestion is to turn and go the opposite way if you see Park Rangers/Park&Rec (broken record, I know). 

• Like 1

Sherman is cool, but I find myself on the 16X and MSP much more. If I want to ride from San Rafael to Cotati then the Sherman is the only option, but the other wheels are just as fun, if not more. I have been riding Cane Creek a lot this week. Hikers have been polite and no Ranger sightings LOL. I also have been doing the trail at Taylor Mountain South. North entrance is always busy with hikers so I tend to avoid that one (you can access those trails if you keep climbing on the south side). I also hit the Laguna Discovery Trail on a daily basis as there is usually nobody out there. Nice flat, high speed off-road run. I believe the trail is around 2.5 miles long.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, ya'll!
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd try posting in it, just in case you might be around. I'm Raen, and am a Sonoma County v11 rider. I'm looking for folks to ride with! My username is the same on instagram as it is on here (@roaming.book). Please feel free to add me and dm me! Let's meet up and get coffee/drinks/tea, etc, and ride around!

Best,
Raen

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all, just putting my name on the list for Sonoma County rides. I have a few friends in the area I ride with as well, but those guys race and our speeds are generally over 30mph the entire time.

Hoping to find some more high performance riders for some of our curvy canyon rides.