Battery indicator goes down while the engine is working hard

Myonk

While riding my generic eyu.co euc I have noticed that the battery indicator will go down while riding, just to go back up again when getting off. After figuring this out I tested it by riding up a steep hill. The indicator went to one light out of four. When dismounting or slowing down on a flat surface the indicator goes back to what the battery is really at. Is this normal? Will causing the indicator to go to zero while working the engine cause a BMS failure? Any help from someone experienced with these generics would help:D

5 minutes ago, Myonk said:

While riding my generic eyu.co euc I have noticed that the battery indicator will go down while riding, just to go back up again when getting off. After figuring this out I tested it by riding up a steep hill. The indicator went to one light out of four. When dismounting or slowing down on a flat surface the indicator goes back to what the battery is really at. Is this normal? Will causing the indicator to go to zero while working the engine cause a BMS failure? Any help from someone experienced with these generics would help:D

Your battery indicator is basically just a voltmeter.  When under load the voltage drops causing your battery indicator to show less charge.  It is normal.  If voltage drops too much of course you will lose torque or potentially have the motor cut off entirely.  This is also "normal" unfortunately.

This is another reason why it's good to have more cell packs wired in parallel to reduce the voltage drop effect.  For example, a 680 Wh capacity euc has four packs of 16 18650 cells wired in parallel.

Archived