ks16x beeps once but does not turn on.

Ed Vardas

Hi.

I was riding through though some soft snow/slush and the wheel just shut off. 

I though i just lost balance and jumped off but when i checked it it was off. and when trying to turn it on it beeps once and nothing else happens. if tried again will not make any sound for a while.

anyone else had this issue. Is the fuse blown? or the battery got to cold?

I seems to be  charging but will not turn on.

tried to disassemble to see if its anything with the motherboard or just a fuse, but the pedals will not come off. cant get the rod out after unscrewing the bolt.

any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 1:34 AM, Ed Vardas said:

Hi.

I was riding through though some soft snow/slush and the wheel just shut off. 

I though i just lost balance and jumped off but when i checked it it was off. and when trying to turn it on it beeps once and nothing else happens. if tried again will not make any sound for a while.

anyone else had this issue. Is the fuse blown? or the battery got to cold?

I seems to be  charging but will not turn on.

tried to disassemble to see if its anything with the motherboard or just a fuse, but the pedals will not come off. cant get the rod out after unscrewing the bolt.

any help is appreciated.

I think the typical problem of moisture in the power button.

The quickest solution is (provided you don't have 2 left hands) to disassemble the wheel and dry the switch with a hair dryer and spray some electronic spray into the switch to displace the moisture. 

Medium quick solution: Put the Wheel in a warm place (fireplace, heater), preferably on a radiator with the front side down and wait until the problem disappears after 1-2 days. Do not let it get too hot because of the batteries. I put it on the radiator and then a big towel over it so that the heat is stored underneath and the wheel is warmed completely. 

Simplest but longest solution: do nothing and wait a few days longer, depending on how warm and how high the humidity is with you, the problem takes probably care of itself. :efee612b4b:

Regarding the bolt in the pedal. You know it only goes out the way where the screw is? If so, spray rust remover on both sides and wait a while, then gently tap out with a hammer. To prevent this from happening to me, I took the bolts out right after delivery and sprayed them with ceramic brake spray. This special lubricant for the brake system is extremely adhesive, resistant to road salt and spray water and prevents the axle and pedal from seizing up due to oxidation.