Newbie with a Ninebot Mini S with 17.5km/h limit???

Hi mates, I have just started with a Ninebot S or mini S, N3M240... 

I made only about 10km with it, and only read some post on this forum, just starting to feel the anoying tilt back of the speed limit, but I have a question, I thing my mini S has a limit of 16km/h but has a 17,5km/h limit! is this normal in 2019 models?

I have check the master controller firmware and it´s V1.5.9, always I start the app tells me that is another update, but reading this forum i´m affraid to do this and check that works worst or limit more the max speed, please tell me if I should update it or remain this version.

Please check the capture that I attached and tell me! thanks mates!.

Screenshot-2020-01-07-14-23-17-318-cn-ni

• Like 1

That 17.7 km/h is equivalent to about 11mph, which is the limit that I have always gotten on my Ninebot S. So, that is the normal max speed. I would say definitely feel comfortable to update your firmware.

• Like 2

Thansk LesC, I have update it but not test it yet.

In other way, before the update I test the limited mode off and on button in the app and suddenly the limit comes to 17km/h... 0.5km/h lost!!!, could be this down caused by battery level? it´s 75%, thanks mates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 11:28 AM, Jota said:

Thansk LesC, I have update it but not test it yet.

In other way, before the update I test the limited mode off and on button in the app and suddenly the limit comes to 17km/h... 0.5km/h lost!!!, could be this down caused by battery level? it´s 75%, thanks mates.

Yeah I daresay, as you lose battery or if you drive it vigorously, the top speed will become limited. Driving calmly, accelerating slowly and cruising smoothly for a few minutes should raise your top speed if it is limited despite having a lot of charge in the battery.

• Like 1