IPS XIMA-LHOTZ Bluetooth App Connectivity

Pengloong

I have an IPS XIMA-LHOTZ which I have not used in the last six months.  Never had any problem connecting to the Android App.  Today when I tried to connect, Bluetooth found the wheel straight away, able to open the App but somehow it will not allow me to proceed further. Have never experienced this problem before. Help with a solution to this problem will be very much appreciated please. Thank you. 

Can you give us a bit more detail? 

Has anything changed with your App? Has it been upgraded? Has your phone been upgraded?

And what specifically does the App do (or not do)?

@The Fat Unicyclist

9 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Can you give us a bit more detail? 

Has anything changed with your App? Has it been upgraded? Has your phone been upgraded?

And what specifically does the App do (or not do)?

@The Fat Unicyclist, Thank you for your reply. 

When I last use the IPS (XIMA SHANGHAI) App six months ago, it has an Orange display on with a white background. This was on my older Android phone. Yes, since then I have upgraded my Android phone. Now, when I open the App, Bluetooth is able to pick up my Device straight away. The App has a new display, black and grey mountain scene. Click on my Device Name, it displays five red and grey bars on the foreground :

Device name, 

Battery level, 

Speed limit, 

Full riding mileage, 

Firmware version. 

When I swipe the the left, another five bars display:

Front and rear lights,

Side Lights, 

High, 

Rotation, 

Power. 

Whatever section it allows or disallows me to fill in, it will not let me proceed further. Is there a secret button or something else that I need to do ?  Your help is very much appreciated, thank you. 

9 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

11 hours ago, Pengloong said:

Yes, since then I have upgraded my Android phone. Now, when I open the App, Bluetooth is able to pick up my Device straight away. The App has a new display, black and grey mountain scene.

Ahh... I think I know what your problem is!

There are several "versions" of the IPS app, and different versions work (or don't work) depending on the version of your wheel. So my guess is that when you upgraded your phone, the latest app version was installed, but that version isn't compatible with the particular version of your Lhotz.

If only there was somewhere that you could download APK files for the older versions and find the one that works for your wheel...

Oh wait, there is! On my website even... If you go to https://www.roll.nz/content/22-apps there are a few choices for you to try. I suggest you start with v1.2 - that has a splash-screen of a person holding a wheel and once opened has the orange and white colour scheme.

Let us know how you get on.

@The Fat Unicyclist, You are absolutely BRILLIANT!!!  Thank you, you were spot on . I followed your suggestion and my App now works flawlessly. 

I have been a follower on this forum and regularly follow your threads. Yourself and few other guys (Yes, you know who you are), are really an asset to this forum. I have learned alot and I am sure will continue to do so.  

Thanks a bunch guys !! 

• Like 1

I'm glad I was able to help!

Thanks for the feedback too... while I'm not sure that "brilliant" is quite the right word, it's good to know that my contributions to our obscure little community are both useful and appreciated.   :D

Now... get back to riding already!